Flags...

DamnYankee

• 2 weeks later...

Have you modded WoT long time ago? I remember some mods, crosshair maybe with bullet animation. It was my favorite crosshair for a very long time.

Yea, years ago when I was still addicted to WoT, I made a historical scope reticle mod with various features including the shell reloading animation... yea, some good old days....

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

Yea, years ago when I was still addicted to WoT, I made a historical scope reticle mod with various features including the shell reloading animation... yea, some good old days....

Nice, so it was you. Yes it was historical crosshair, now it's available from some russian and is called HARDscope: http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/1229310-

You are not credited....

Nice, so it was you. Yes it was historical crosshair, now it's available from some russian and is called HARDscope: http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/1229310-

You are not credited....

Speaking of HARDscope, I'm not sure if I was the first one who started to make historical crosshair or he was, the two mods were at RU and EU forums separately, maybe we both started modding on each side not knowing each other at the beginning. In the middle of my mod development, I did learn some Russian reticle types and designs from HARDscope mod and made my own later on, given him credits ever since.  But I'm sure the shell reloading and other reticle animations, armor recognition scheme, the intelligent arty crosshair and all other designs are my original.

It's unfortunate that they don't credit me if they are using my designs... Well, but look to the bright side, at least there is still someone working on it, it's good for the community anyway.

At least you guys still remember my mod and me, it's good enough for me:)

PS. will you including my flag mod in your next update?

really feel sorry to the community for leaving that mod dead. I myself invested so much effort on it too, was my favorite work as well.

anyways, thanks for including my mod. It has a page on EU forum as well if you prefer: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/27514-mod-historical-naval-ensigns-flags-in-2k-hd/

this mod doesn't need to update often, should be compatible with future game versions for quite a while.

I will include it in next version, had no time to do it earlier.

And yeah, I remember you especialy that it was one of the most important mod to me, I think I was using it already in open beta, one of the best mods at that time :)

FYI, I've just updated my flag mod

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed, I don't forget you, just that mess with minimap is consuming my whole time for troubleshooting :(

just saw your post on Asian forum regarding to 5.0.2 update. The mod is still compatible with 5.0.3, and the other future game versions as well.

It won't get effected much by game update, since the core files (FLAGS.DDS, service_lib.swf) won't get updated until big game update (French, Italian added, game GUI changes).

If update is necessary, I will make it happen at the first time.

• 6 months later...

Hi

All these flags, flags are nice.

In this age of getting offended its strange how 

we choose to cherrypick history.

Agreed, and the odd thing people are getting offended on behalf of people that is the issue... Think the Germans care about Hilter and his Nazi party? I mean come on they made a movie about what if Hitler woke up in modern day Berlin and it was bloody funny as hell.

• 1 year later...