AVG Detect Trojan Horse

Same here since the last 3 updates. Before it was never a problem.

Now I have to disengage AVG before I can install the mod.

But now it comes ... since 2 days my pc is acting very strange during the WoT game!!! The whole pc freezes and the only thing I can do is pushing the reset button. Only when playing WoT with this mod delivers me this problem. So ... bye bye mod. It's a pity.

Same here since the last 3 updates. Before it was never a problem.

Now I have to disengage AVG before I can install the mod.

But now it comes ... since 2 days my pc is acting very strange during the WoT game!!! The whole pc freezes and the only thing I can do is pushing the reset button. Only when playing WoT with this mod delivers me this problem. So ... bye bye mod. It's a pity.

First post, and it's a whine, without any sort of information other than, well, whining.

Post logs, and what not.

You're using a MOD PACK, not just a single mod.

Disengaging AVG to install is YOUR choice. You could have added the file in question to exclusion, instead of opening yourself to EVERYTHING.

• Upvote 2

I ended with "IT'S A PITY" because I like the modpack a lot!

I only disengage AVG for about 10 minutes just to install this modpack. No virus can enter unless it's connected to this modpack.

I'm an IT guy and I understand the risks, but putting the installation file in the exception folder or disengaging AVG for 10 minutes won't make any difference. I know what I'm talking about.

I don't say that it IS this modpack that causes the problems but it is very strange that when I let AVG run a scan on the whole pc, the only thing it finds is this modpack causing the problem. No other viruses were found. And no, I don't use the free edition.

• Downvote 1

I ended with "IT'S A PITY" because I like the modpack a lot!

I only disengage AVG for about 10 minutes just to install this modpack. No virus can enter unless it's connected to this modpack.

I'm an IT guy and I understand the risks, but putting the installation file in the exception folder or disengaging AVG for 10 minutes won't make any difference. I know what I'm talking about.

I don't say that it IS this modpack that causes the problems but it is very strange that when I let AVG run a scan on the whole pc, the only thing it finds is this modpack causing the problem. No other viruses were found. And no, I don't use the free edition.

Try to use ADWCleaner, to clean up your PC. Right click on file and use admin rights.... After that you could use JRT (junkware removal Tool) and it will clean your PC.... For real, no scam!!

If I remember correctly,  after downloading modpack and choosing to run, the screen which asks you to choose language is where you should disable AVG for 10 minutes, then click on appropriate language, then click to next screen which is "select components" screen.  Before actually choosing which mods you are about to install, this is where you should ENABLE AVG. Then make your mod selections and finish out as in the past.  This way, AVG is scanning the mods you are downloading for those that may fear downloading any file without AVG protection. 

I'm only human and humans can make mistakes. When making a mistake you should be able to set things right! That is what I want to do in this reply.  ;)

At first I thought this Aslain's Modpack caused the troubles of crashing the game, etc. But I found out it didn't!!!

After my earlier post here I uninstalled the Aslain's modpack, uninstalled the game, cleaned my computer (even the register) and reinstalled the game (clean install) with another well known modpack (OMC).

AVG doesn't alert anything for OMC so that was a good start. Everything looked good. But ... I already missed the Aslain's Modpack. It has more potential, more thing on board and it looks more conveniently arranged.  :(

I started some battles and suddenly the game crashed. And I was not the only one, so it appeared. When I re-entered the battle (just restarting the game) other people were complaining about game crashes. So I had to try it.

I did it all over again: uninstalling the OMC modpack, uninstalling the game, reinstalling the game (clean install), reinstalling the Aslain's Modpack. Okay ... I have to disable AVG when installing the modpack but it's completely save to do so!!! I hope one day AVG will look at this problem and solve it.  :)

Now I have my beloved Modpack again!!!  :D So ... to be clear ... Aslain's Modpack doesn't cause any problems with the game or even your computer for that matter. It is a false positive that AVG encounters!!!

I want to apologize to @Aslain for assuming that the Aslain's modpack had anything to do with the occurring problems, 'cause it doesn't. I also want to thank him (and people involved in this project) for doing such a great job!!!   :D

Edited by Angel_Arrow
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...