Crashes to Desktop Mid-battle

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using the "Replays Manager"? I have had pretty smooth sailing for awhile by not using any: Garage Mods (ex for Carousel ); mini-map mods; or tech-tree mods; but with V4.6.31 I tried one day of adding  the "Replays Manager" and BAM! LOTS of problems. It does say on the mod EU, and I am NA...maybe not compatible?

• Administrator

I don't know if it's coincidence or not:

- I installed the following mod: Armour Penetration Indicator by lelicopter and lportii

I got CTD's

I uninstalled it and everything's fine.

Can I have your logs, to reproduce this? Was it before you posted today here that you have CTD's or after?

Can I have your logs, to reproduce this? Was it before you posted today here that you have CTD's or after?

I can only give the latest logs. The occuring CTD's with the mod mentioned above was after I posted CTD's before. Unfortunately I do not know for sure what the problem was before because I had changed several things in the modpack.  :(

From now of on I always write down (notepad) what I change.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Any ideas about this one? I get it every now and then. The game freezes on me mid-battle, so of course I open task manager and force-quit WOT (TM says WOT is not responding). When I reopen the game, it is stuck on the battle loading screen, but I can zoom in my reticle and see the outlines for it, can see enemy and friendly tank names, but no movement is allowed by my tank (can't see my tank). Look carefully at the battle loading screen, you can see the reticle through it.

Because it happens VERY randomly, I'm suspecting that it might be an issue on my end (computer hardware/software), but any help from anyone would be appreciated if you've had this similar issue. I'm running 16Gb of ram, so I doubt that's the issue :P

post-7721-0-40895000-1444762207_thumb.jp

post-7721-0-17751300-1444762210_thumb.jp

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Edited by kommador8t8
  • Administrator

Any ideas about this one? I get it every now and then. The game freezes on me mid-battle, so of course I open task manager and force-quit WOT (TM says WOT is not responding). When I reopen the game, it is stuck on the battle loading screen, but I can zoom in my reticle and see the outlines for it, can see enemy and friendly tank names, but no movement is allowed by my tank (can't see my tank). Look carefully at the battle loading screen, you can see the reticle through it.

Because it happens VERY randomly, I'm suspecting that it might be an issue on my end (computer hardware/software), but any help from anyone would be appreciated if you've had this similar issue. I'm running 16Gb of ram, so I doubt that's the issue :P

You are running older installer, can you check with latest one?

I had exactly that problem last night. Restarting game didn't help.  Could hear battle sounds, mouse moved friendly and enemy markers, but no engine sounds. I don't know if I was moving as I could not rejoin game.  I quit and went to play the other tank game...

now, using aslain mod pack xx.33... usually i get CTD because go back to garage, after random battle.... :(

btw, Calculate with Free XP to WotXP mod is buggy like hell, if iam using it, i cant goto to garage at all, stuck looping in updating crew..... :(

I also deactivated the calculator with free XP. Let's have a look if it helps.  ;)

In a while I will look at the settings of my wife's Aslain's Modpack and will change mine to her's. She doesn't have any CTD's. Strange thing is I thought we had the same settings, but I'll look into it closer and get back at ya.

Edited by Angel_Arrow

now, using aslain mod pack xx.33... usually i get CTD because go back to garage, after random battle.... :(

btw, Calculate with Free XP to WotXP mod is buggy like hell, if iam using it, i cant goto to garage at all, stuck looping in updating crew..... :(

i had the same with that mod, could not enter garage was getting the message that the crew was updating all the time, so i deinstalled the whole pack and then it worked again, i thoughted it must have been the garage mod itself, but it wasnt that one, will see after next installation if something else is wrong aswell

I also deactivated the calculator with free XP. Let's have a look if it helps.  ;)

In a while I will look at the settings of my wife's Aslain's Modpack and will change mine to her's. She doesn't have any CTD's. Strange thing is I thought we had the same settings, but I'll look into it closer and get back at ya.

i had the same with that mod, could not enter garage was getting the message that the crew was updating all the time, so i deinstalled the whole pack and then it worked again, i thoughted it must have been the garage mod itself, but it wasnt that one, will see after next installation if something else is wrong aswell

remove Calculate with Free XP to WotXP mod.... :)

Same CTD, with python logs showing the same as others:

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

ERROR: [EXCEPTION] (scripts/common/Event.py, 34):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/common/Event.py", line 32, in __call__

That is the only thing it repeats.  Ideas?
  • Administrator

Same here. I played for about several hours yesterday and encountered 5 ctd's. I can't say which mod is causing this because my settings are the same of several updates before. I did tried to uninstall some, but the ctd's still occured.

Try to play for a day without dossier uploader and his vbaddict mods, also uninstall Multi Hit Log and Damage Panels. - for investigation.

Python is unreadable to me, you can post it, sometimes there is a real mod name, but usually it's cluttered with useless info.

• Upvote 1