session stats cache

i'm using yassenkrasen session stats, and the mod installer option to save session stats doesn't seem to work.  if i run the installer to make changes, when i relaunch the game my session stats are cleared out.  

this issue has been around for me for the last couple months i think but i rarely have to run the installer more than once to update things so i didn't care much.  now that we're getting frequent updates and changing things, i'm running it to make tweaks a lot and it's become annoying again ;) 

initially i thought the cache.json file would simply have been ignored by the installer, but when looking into the files i see it is consistently replaced by an "old" version from days (or weeks) ago.   if i remember, i can "fix" it by manually copying the cache.json file before i update and then replace it after and all is fine.  but if i rely on the mod installer to back it up, it will replace it with some version of the file that i don't know where it comes from (some cache somewhere i can't find?).  the file in question is "\res_mods\0.9.14\scripts\client\mods\stat\cache.json".  

for example:  i have not played the game yet today, i am updating mods before i open client and play.  my cache file is from the games i played last night (which of course would be zeroed out when i restart the game as i have the reset every morning setting selected -- but the file still exists with the settings in it).  i launch the installer, update the mods, and choose to backup session stats.  everything seems to install fine.  i go find the directory above and look at the file, and it is now replaced not with the copy of the file from yesterday but instead an old copy whose contents are nearly empty and has the date line: ("date": "2016-03-10") -- which is the date of the new version release.  this same thing happened prior to the new 9.14 release, where every day my cache file was replaced with one dated from december.  so it seems it is indeed trying to replace the file after the update runs, but it is not copying the cache file or overwriting an old one that is stored somewhere?  where is it getting this old one from? :P  even if the old cache file has a bunch of games in it, since the data in the file is old, the mod starts fresh and does its daily reset so each time i update and relaunch the stats are empty.  

also interesting, is that i have a path such as this:

\res_mods\0.9.14\scripts\client\mods\stat\stat\stat\stat\stat\stat\stat\stat

i've also noticed this for several months in several previous versions but didn't pay it much mind since everything worked .. but clearly the nested dirs are not correct.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i know there are more pressing issues with new version chaos, but i'll take the opportunity to re-raise this issue.  again, with the new version, this bug exists and with the same behavior as before.  interestingly, each time after installing the mod pack it replaces the cache.json with the exact same version.  the version it uses is always (for the last several wot versions, as detailed above) the very first version of the cache.json that was present after upgrading to the new version of wot and new modpack installer. 

to be clear, what i mean is that (as an example) every time after the 9.15 update that i run the installer and select to backup the stats, the stats cache.json file which is replaced after the installer runs is one that is timestamped from yesterday at around 1pm local time.  this is the first time after the 9.15 update that i ran and updated the modpack.  similarly, for the past couple versions of wot (9.13, 9.14) the same thing happened.  the version of the cache file that was replaced always had the date/time of the very first day i ran the new version. 

i don't know exactly how this installer does what it does, but it would seem that it might be using the same cache dir for each new version (somewhere, i haven't found it) to backup these files, and perhaps there is a permissions issue where it can create it the first time but can't overwrite it so it keeps using the same initial version each and every time?  i don't know.  but the behavior would seem to indicate something like that. 

the stats backup USED to work quite well, but now it's been broken  for a long time.  and since it is replacing the cache file with and old one, it would seem like it's trying to do the right thing, it's just something is slightly broken.