Translating Application v1.3

BeGiN

Developed a new application that could help the future translators! 

Keep in mind that is the first version and expect some issues ( couldn't find any , until now :) )

0ca9495cd7.png

Translating Application v1.3 -  DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

v1.3     - Fixed some serious bugs regarding the "Reading access error"' 

- Showing "Incompatibility" Error if the Source file has less lines than the translation
            - Code improvements and small bugfixes 

v1.2    - Fixed encoding selector when saving a translation

- Added progress bar when loading source file
           - Code improvements and small bugfixes

v1.1    - fixed a big issue where the longer lines weren't completely deleted 

- polished the "Add language" popup a little ^^

- added link on the "Add language" popup window to ISO 639-1 language codes

- ability to scroll with mouse-wheel

v1.0     - first release

Regards,

BeGiN

IDEAS

Legend

IMPLEMENTED

NOT IMPLEMENTED

@thevbm

Small improvement would come to "Add language" popup.

Maybe add link to ISS page that describes which language codes should be used or wiki page in general.

Also maybe add some padding to editboxes.

Prevent mouse scroll to change language all the time, instead it should well ... scroll the page 

Another issue i've encountered is that you can't save file into Unicode / UTF-8 ... even though I select it after opening file in any other editor (notepad++, sublime text, atom) it's shown as ANSI

@Aslain

- skip to next untranslated string (button)

- untranslated lines marking

- auto-save

- .backup file saving along with regular one

P.S: If you guys find any issue / think of an improvement, feel free to reply in this topic  :)

Edited by BeGiN
Updated & Added IDEAS Spoiler :)
  • Upvote 1

Good job. Works quite decent even with that little hang that happens when switching to google translate tab. (it's normal i'd say because of activex)

Maybe add link to ISS page that describes which language codes should be used or wiki page in general.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u0trdutdaybnznw/2014-09-27_22-57-07.png?dl=0

Edit:

prevent mouse scroll to change language all the time, instead it should well ... scroll the page :-)

Edited by thevbm
  • Upvote 1

Good job. Works quite decent even with that little hang that happens when switching to google translate tab. (it's normal i'd say because of activex)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u0trdutdaybnznw/2014-09-27_22-57-07.png?dl=0

Edit:

prevent mouse scroll to change language all the time, instead it should well ... scroll the page :-)

Nice idea , mate , will look into the ideas you provided :D

Still i don't understand this , tho :Also maybe add some padding to editboxes. "

Can you define the "padding" ?:D 

Regards.

• Upvote 1

Edit:

green = implemented

red = not implemented 

Regards,

BeGiN.

Nice idea , mate , will look into the ideas you provided :D

Still i don't understand this , tho : " Also maybe add some padding to editboxes. "

Can you define the "padding" ? :D

Regards.

You already fixed that with 1.1 :D

I've meant to move editbox 5px to the right so it's not that close to the border.

Another issue i've encountered is that you can't save file into Unicode / UTF-8 ... even thou I select it after opening file in any other editor (notepad++, sublime text, atom) it's shown as ANSI

You already fixed that with 1.1 :D

I've meant to move editbox 5px to the right so it's not that close to the border.

Cool :D 

Another issue i've encountered is that you can't save file into Unicode / UTF-8 ... even thou I select it after opening file in any other editor (notepad++, sublime text, atom) it's shown as ANSI

For me the text files are shown as UTF-8 w/o BOM but i selected that encoding..  :D i have no idea how to see in n++ the real encoding of a text file....

uQCGf.png

random screenshot from web ^

The encoding should work now , mate. :)

Thanks for your ideas , all were pretty good and helpful :)

If you do have more , feel free to write them here, and i will try to implement them.

Regards,

BeGiN

a suggestion that would help a lot aslain and the translators, the app would only work with one file, rather than a different one each translator discharged, or if not possible, there is the possibility that each was a different file for translation? spanish.txt english.txt etc

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi BeGiN,

I report a "bug" with Translating Application v1.3 and Aslain's en_translation file v4.0.35 :

- open the program.

- load source file.

(it's ok.)

- select translation language (to french i haven't try others), I have an error message (see attached file)!

I ignore it and I select the translation file and again the error message "translation file incompatible". (maybe too long file)

i have tried to compare them in Notepad++ but I don't see any difference!

@++

post-3141-0-40473900-1419236037_thumb.jp

Hello, for now i advise you to not use the current Translating Application.... i cannot update it anymore !

Since my Rad Studio license expired, i started to port this application to C# Language, if anyone got C# knowledge do not hesitate to contact me on Skype! ( id: beginbegin94 )

Best regards,

BeGiN