Alt+tab hang time

Getting a 3-5 second delay from alt+tabbing both in and out of game (fullscreen mode). This did not happen before 9.15. Screen will go black for those 3-5 seconds.

It goes back to being instant alt+tab when running WoT in safe mode or with modpack uninstalled.

Id run it in windowed mode but I do not care for it. If only they had borderless windowed mode :)

Anyone else having this issue?

5 minutes ago, Stiles said:

Could you elaborate on that please? I am running Windows 10 x64 but so not see how that would have any bearing.

Sorry. What I meant was that it appears to actually be an issue with windows itself that causes the couple of seconds of hangup when alttabbing out of a full screen program. I ran into the same issue when I updated, and searched around, and saw it was pretty common with windows 10 installs. Apparently theres something in the back-end of windows 10 that causes it to be slow when going to and from full screen.

18 hours ago, HLS30 said:

Sorry. What I meant was that it appears to actually be an issue with windows itself that causes the couple of seconds of hangup when alttabbing out of a full screen program. I ran into the same issue when I updated, and searched around, and saw it was pretty common with windows 10 installs. Apparently theres something in the back-end of windows 10 that causes it to be slow when going to and from full screen.

Only does this with WoT, no other game. When I run WoT w/o the modpack or in safe mode it is instantaneous. Only hangs if I am using the modpack. Have tried isolating individual mods within the modpack to no avail...yet. Will keep trying.

I just did a fresh WoT install, vanilla. Appdata folder deleted also. Alt+tab issue still there...NOT MOD RELATED.

I guess they'll fix the problem in the next few weeks...wish they knew how to release patches! :P

• Upvote 1