Differences between computers

I play tanks at home and at work.

Both have the same operating system; Windows 7 64-bit. But, different video cards. My home pc is better and therefore runs tanks in HD, while my work pc runs tanks in SD. This is the only difference I can think of for the issues I'm having (well besides the possibilities that both pcs are running in-game graphic settings at opposite ends of the spectrum).

I have installed Aslain's mod pack installer on both and select the same mods to install, yet both pcs run the mods slightly different.

I get light bulbs for spotted tanks on my work pc (no mods that do that selected, btw), but don't get them at all at home. Also, my work pc shows the icons of destroyed tanks on the minimap, yet my home pc does not.

Is there any insight you can provide as to why 2 machines run the same mods differently?

Thank you for your support.

_Aslain_logs_HOMEPC.zip

python_HOMEPC.log

_Aslain_logs_WORKPC.zip

python_WORKPC.log

Edited by GenPanzer
4 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Just throwing this in here:

Are the two computers running the same settings in the World of Tanks settings menu?

One could have the WoT minimap enabled, and the other does not?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Both have the Expanded minimap features set to NEVER. And both have the view range indicators all on.

The only difference in the setting between the two are the graphic settings, as stated and probably the sound levels. Markers, reticle, and controls are identical.

1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

Well, then the only difference is the SD/HD thing.. but that really shouldn't affect mods in any way.

Another difference is you had World of Tanks running while installing on the WORKPC.

Well I did when I started the exe, but then exited WoT after I got that message. I really don't think that would cause it as I've had this issue for a while and thought that with each update to the mod pack it would get corrected....but hasn't yet, so I decided to post here to see what comes of it.

It's quite odd that you have differences really... I can't imagine SD/HD having an effect on things.. but maybe someone else knows better :)

A comparison between the log files, show they're identical (apart from the timestamps, obviously, but :P )

So hope someone else has some idea :) or knows :D

• Administrator
On 6/7/2016 at 3:00 PM, GenPanzer said:

I play tanks at home and at work.

Both have the same operating system; Windows 7 64-bit. But, different video cards. My home pc is better and therefore runs tanks in HD, while my work pc runs tanks in SD. This is the only difference I can think of for the issues I'm having (well besides the possibilities that both pcs are running in-game graphic settings at opposite ends of the spectrum).

I have installed Aslain's mod pack installer on both and select the same mods to install, yet both pcs run the mods slightly different.

I get light bulbs for spotted tanks on my work pc (no mods that do that selected, btw), but don't get them at all at home. Also, my work pc shows the icons of destroyed tanks on the minimap, yet my home pc does not.

Is there any insight you can provide as to why 2 machines run the same mods differently?

Thank you for your support.

_Aslain_logs_HOMEPC.zip

python_HOMEPC.log

_Aslain_logs_WORKPC.zip

python_WORKPC.log

Delete all XVM fonts from system, and reinstall mods using installer. You have font conflict.

On 6/12/2016 at 3:46 AM, Aslain said:

Delete all XVM fonts from system, and reinstall mods using installer. You have font conflict.

Thank you. They are now running identically.

My home pc had 3 fonts (XVMXeGnor, XVM, and XVMSymbol_17.0).  After removing them and reinstalling I now only have XVMSymbol_17.0.

One or both of those extra fonts caused the issue of the icons to not appear for dead tanks on the minimap and also did not allow for the light bulb for spotted tanks on the players panel.

I have not checked my work pc fonts yet. I will tomorrow and will remove any extra XVM fonts that appear just to make both systems are the same as much as possible.

Again, thank you.