Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

I just unchecked the xvm position thing and it didn't fix the esc and cntrl problem.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Without the position thing the hit log overlaps the player panel anyway. I need it to be in the middle,lower position. At least until you have Sea Falcon working again. By Far my favorite Hit Log/Damage Panel

Just FYI, Sela managed to get SeaFalcon working before the mini patch.

Impossible. There would be a massive outrage on forums if that would be the case. Instead, only some modpacks are affected - and not even everybody using it. Vanilla client and default XVM config don't cause it.

My (last) guess is that if Hitlog overlaps with certain parts of interface (or other mods), it causes the issue. As Aslain said - chat window seem to be the most common cause.

Chat window is a text field, similar to XVM hitlog. I think if they are on top of each other Hitlog acts as "active text field" (similar to open chat) so esc, ctrl and tab work only for that text field instead the whole interface. Other mods (that use text fields) can be causing this too - damage logs, info panels, crosshair, zoom indicator, penetration indicator, etc. Of course, I'm only guessing. Moving XVM hitlog solved the issue for me completely.

Try replacing battleLabelsTemplates.xc and hitlog.xc with default XVM configs and see if it helps. If you still have issues, try default XVM config.

• Administrator
22 hours ago, altobe said:

I just unchecked the xvm position thing and it didn't fix the esc and cntrl problem.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Without the position thing the hit log overlaps the player panel anyway. I need it to be in the middle,lower position. At least until you have Sea Falcon working again. By Far my favorite Hit Log/Damage Panel

Just FYI, Sela managed to get SeaFalcon working before the mini patch.

I was unable to reproduce this using my local modpack 02, so maybe wait for it.

Please all affected post your logs, I will narrow this crap down.

I am also trying to figure out what is causing it...by process of elimination.  One thing that I have noticed is that when the esc, ctrl keys do not work my gun sight mod (Damocles) also is not loaded/working.  If I restart the game a few times all will work.   But if sight mod is not working then esc and ctrl do not work....and chat too I think.

• Administrator
Just now, Darth_Clicker said:

I use letter shell icons but removed Gambiters a few days ago.  If I find something I will let you know here.

Removing Gambiter works too. This mod is often in conflict with other mods.

I am giving up.  Yesterday, after the last modpack update, I had problems in probably 50% of my battles at least with Damocles sight not loading/working, esc, tab, and ctrl (strg) keys not working.  This morning, I began by installing without xvm...no problems after about 5 battles.  Reinstall with only xvm...played about 5 battles no problems.  Started adding all of my mods back in one by one and played at least 3 battles with each with no problems.  Changed the position of the xvm hit log also with no problems after 5 battles.  So....I am back the same exact set up as I had problems with yesterday and have not had any problems for 5 battles now.  There were no changes to my computer during this time.  No updates etc.  I can not see any logic in the problem. 

Next, I will try playing using my mouse in with the left hand instead of the right.

Here are my logs for a set up that is now not causing any problems.....probably the next battle after this post the problem will return...proving my theory that there is a gremlin in the game.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

In 02 I will include two version of Gambiter, the one for main Gambiter mods will come from Jove, and the SeaFalcons from Sela. Please try both.

Also noticed ESC/TAB not malfunctioning when XVM config is broken (as with errors inside).

9 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

also, is the problem happening in every battle or intermittently.?

It's intermittent. As a matter of fact as soon as I posted that I restarted the game and the problem disappeared. I'm thinking gremlins.

2 minutes ago, Aslain said:

In 02 I will include two version of Gambiter, the one for main Gambiter mods will come from Jove, and the SeaFalcons from Sela. Please try both.

Also noticed ESC/TAB not malfunctioning when XVM config is broken (as with errors inside).

Thank you. I love the SeaFalcon hitlog. I'm just so used to looking at it, it''s hard to use anything else. Plust the high contrast and the size is just what I like. 

3 minutes ago, altobe said:

It's intermittent. As a matter of fact as soon as I posted that I restarted the game and the problem disappeared. I'm thinking gremlins.

I think it is gremlins too...now we just have to find out who spilled water on them and fed them after midnight.

The intermittent part is what makes it so difficult to diagnose.

Edited by Darth_Clicker

can you think of a connection with the sight mod (Damokles in my case) also not loading each time the problem with esc/tab/ctrl keys not working?  Because the problems always happened together.  But, still, with my last set up in my last logs I uploaded here, I have not had a single problem.  And it is the exact same set-up I had problems in most of the battles yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Aslain said:

We shall see :) 

Ok, I will wait until we see before I tell my wife the good news that all problems are corrected.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Darth_Clicker said:

can you think of a connection with the sight mod (Damokles in my case) also not loading each time the problem with esc/tab/ctrl keys not working?  Because the problems always happened together.  But, still, with my last set up in my last logs I uploaded here, I have not had a single problem.  And it is the exact same set-up I had problems in most of the battles yesterday.

Maybe todays update sorts this out too. I updated sights script.