Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

One more thing that is random is the artillery crosshair on the mini map.  Sometimes only the green square/rectangle is visible and no center dot or crosshair and another battle all of it will be there.  This happens even when the tab, esc, ctrl key are working and the custom crosshair is working.  But, for me, when the crosshair did not work the keys also did not work.  closing the client during the battle and restarting would sometimes fix it but not always.  This problem is like a cruel joke...the funny thing is that these problems are happening on the 6th birthday of the game.  What a party.

I have given up on figuring it out for now.  I have not visited the xvm site in a couple of days to see if there is any talk there about this.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:00 PM, Darth_Clicker said:

One more thing that is random is the artillery crosshair on the mini map.  Sometimes only the green square/rectangle is visible and no center dot or crosshair and another battle all of it will be there.  This happens even when the tab, esc, ctrl key are working and the custom crosshair is working.  But, for me, when the crosshair did not work the keys also did not work.  closing the client during the battle and restarting would sometimes fix it but not always.  This problem is like a cruel joke...the funny thing is that these problems are happening on the 6th birthday of the game.  What a party.

I have given up on figuring it out for now.  I have not visited the xvm site in a couple of days to see if there is any talk there about this.

I have also noticed that the circle in the square goes missing , one game its there the next its not then next game its back ,  but I have noticed when I hover over the   shell  types in game . but  the info don't appear,   but everything else seems to run fine  .  but one thing that does annoy me is these info pop ups. how the heck do I get rid of that ?

Edited by bubs79
4 hours ago, Aslain said:

OK the 02 is online now. Please try with either regular Gambiter Log and with SeaFalcon.

Ok with Gambiter#1 i had the ESC prob on 02... (but not on 00).

With Seafalcon the problem is gone for now.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Balloffury said:

Tried all configs, Gambiter still blocking my Esc/Tab/Ctrl buttons.

This can be not Gambiter for you, try to play without custom crosshairs, install gambiter like usuall. Let us know.

Also I need your logs.

Installed latest 9.15.1.1 release [.02]. After death Escape no longer functions to return to garage. Also Ctrl no longer allows me to ping the map during gameplay.

Worked before the  install. I would tell you which mods I have installed, but have no idea how to do that...

Edited by McSQUEAK
added extra fault
  • Administrator

This error is common to ESC/CTRL issue:

2016-08-14 17:35:34.339: ERROR:   File "mod_sight.py", line 242, in __inject
2016-08-14 17:35:34.340: ERROR: NameError: global name 'CrosshairsAPIPlugin' is not defined

mod_sight is used in some crosshairs, try different one, like J1mbo or Harpoon, they are not on it afair.

I had the same problem with 03.  I reinstalled, this time checking the boxes for "Remove the contents of DLC cache" and "Reset the game settings and clean up the cache."  That removed a few memory items from my game, but it solved the problem.

correction... hitlog#1 giving me ESC bug now... switched to seafalcon (nothing else changed) and everything was fine.

Then switched back for getting the logs and the error was gone :blush:

Funny gremlins...

Edited by doofi

Version .06. loaded without Hit-logs and ESC and Ctrl  now works and gunsight restored to modded one. Chat still not functioning though.

Edit

Aha! Logged out of game. Logged back in. HIT-LOG IS BACK IN AND GUNSIGHT HAS DEFAULTED TO STANDARD. hOW DAT HAPPEN THEN?

Edited by McSQUEAK
13 minutes ago, McSQUEAK said:

Version .06. loaded without Hit-logs and ESC and Ctrl  now works and gunsight restored to modded one. Chat still not functioning though.

Your chat does not function at all?  Have you tried the workaround of hitting F1 and then esc at the beginning of the battle?  That usually makes the chat work.

On 15.8.2016. at 2:35 AM, doofi said:

correction... hitlog#1 giving me ESC bug now... switched to seafalcon (nothing else changed) and everything was fine.

Then switched back for getting the logs and the error was gone :blush:

Funny gremlins...

Same here. The tricky part is that it comes and goes as it pleases even if there are no any changes in between the occurrences of the issues 

4 minutes ago, McSQUEAK said:

Okay - this is getting squirrelly now.

06 worked [apart from intermittent chat]. Then I logged out of the game. Then hitlogs reappeared when I logged in again. Logged out and back in. Now Ctrl hand Esc have stopped working again.

Log attached from installer. I will reinstall 06 again.

_Aslains_Installer.log

The Python log is also needed

"XVM is complaining that I am using a nightly build #6334 rather than a full one. Is this right?"

Yes, XVM is still in development for new patch, so Aslain is using nightly builds until then.

Side note - To those above - Chat does still function if you click the chat box yourself, alebit annoying, it gets you by until this issue is resolved.

@Aslain - I use default crosshairs so I'm unsure if that's what's causing it :/

Edited by exarish