Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

1 minute ago, XxMREMANxX said:

I tried removing J1mB0's but that didnt fix the problem? Is there something else that is using that file?

J1MBOs does not use the file.  J1mbos is ok.  The problem is probably Gambiters damage log if you are having chat problems.  Are you using the latest version of the modpack?

2 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

J1MBOs does not use the file.  J1mbos is ok.  The problem is probably Gambiters damage log if you are having chat problems.  Are you using the latest version of the modpack?

Yes, even re downloaded it again and cleaned out the cache etc as well

I'm still having the in-game chat not working problem even with the latest version.

Note that I don't use any of the crosshair mods, but I do use the non-XVM hitlogs and damage log mods.

The workaround of holding CTRL and clicking in the text box seems to be good enough - I only have to do it once every few games :)

~rj

23 minutes ago, rudejohn said:

I'm still having the in-game chat not working problem even with the latest version.

Note that I don't use any of the crosshair mods, but I do use the non-XVM hitlogs and damage log mods.

The workaround of holding CTRL and clicking in the text box seems to be good enough - I only have to do it once every few games :)

~rj

The issue that you describe with the chat log is probably caused by Gambiter's hit log.  The esc/ctrl issue is caused by sight mods that contain a mod_sights.pyc file. 

Currently these crosshairs are using mod_sight.pyc:

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- minimalistic sights shtys

- sword of damocles

This explains why you are not having the esc/ctrl issue (you are using the vanilla sight)but are having the chat issue.  Another work-around is to hit F1 twice at the beginning of the battle.  This worked for me.  But, I have stopped using Gambiters hit log for now and that has been the best solution for me.

Edited by Darth_Clicker
  • Upvote 1

I should add that I have just downloaded the latest mod pack version which includes a different Gambiters script.  I am now installing it and will report my experience after a battle or two.

Update:  I think the Gambiters problem has been solved.  So far no problems with chat.

Edited by Darth_Clicker
  • Upvote 1

You with the chat/esc key problems, when starting the game you may see an indicator of those 'bugs' when login movie doesn't show (if you didn't disable it) - instead of which only black color is shown without sound.

You should then log in e.g. eu1 and then switch to eu2 from garage to remove bugs.

As expected, works untill client restart.

cheers, and bring back the damn melty crosshairs ^^

• Upvote 1
On 1.9.2016 at 4:16 AM, KJG67 said:

Since installing Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.15.1.1_ both 17 and 18 in USA, ESC  and CTRL is no longer working. It does work in Safe mode. Logs are with 18.

Is 16 still available somewhere? That worked and I'd like to revert back until this is fixed.

Thanks!

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

If you are using a custom gun sight then that may be causing your problem.  Mods that use a mod_sight.pyc file are buggy at the moment.  Use a sight that does not use it and see if your problem is solved.

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- sword of damocles

• Upvote 1
On 9/2/2016 at 6:29 AM, Darth_Clicker said:

If you are using a custom gun sight then that may be causing your problem.  Mods that use a mod_sight.pyc file are buggy at the moment.  Use a sight that does not use it and see if your problem is solved.

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- sword of damocles

Thanks Darth. I forgot to follow up. I did a full, removal/cache clean/clean install with the next build and all seems to be working. At this point, all is resolved. Thank you for the tip. I'll keep that in mind if it occurs again!

2 hours ago, KJG67 said:

Thanks Darth. I forgot to follow up. I did a full, removal/cache clean/clean install with the next build and all seems to be working. At this point, all is resolved. Thank you for the tip. I'll keep that in mind if it occurs again!

You are welcome.  Happy hunting on the battlefield!

• Upvote 1

Hi Aslain,

The "can't type in chat" thing still happens in .24

It's not always happening but when it does I have to press 'ESC' to be able to write in chat again.

I did a clean install with 'remove dlc_cache'.

I have some minor modifications for Gambiter's log - see res_mods.zip

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your time

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

res_mods.zip

Confirmed for me... i think its called standard crosshair with better timers .. switched to giacint crosshair, no more problems.. dont know if this one uses mod_sights.pyc or not.

Beforehand i tried deactivating anythin which caused that fail in the past like damage log, hitlog, didn't show any difference.

Edited by doofi

I've had all the same issues: Esc inop, Ctrl inop, but what I've also had is after each battle the game completely hangs. While trying to get back to the garage, it just gives me a picture of the tank I was using sitting in the garage, with nothing else, nor any other functionality.

After each battle, I have to go to the Task Manager, 'End Task' on WOT, and then restart.

Is this esc/ctrl issue the same problem as before with the same cause: the mod_sights.pyc file that some custom sights use?  I tried Damocles Sword yesterday (it has the mod_sights.pyc file) and esc/ctrl did not work same as in previous versions.  I went back to J1MBOS which is one of the sights without the mod_sights.pyc file and no problems.  I would choose a sight that does not use this file and see if that solves your problems.  There is a list a few responses ago (September 2) that I copied from Aslain a couple of weeks ago that lists the sights that used the file at that time.  I do not know what the current info is on this subject.