windows 10 slow install time WOT Modpack

What I think is the problem is the program is not optimized for windows 10. My friends who have windows 7 seem to load the program quickly. The others . like me, that are running windows 10 wait several minutes for  the program to start installing. That seems to be the difference. that I can find. for some reason, windows 10 thinks its a virus and slowly installs it.

Note... it has been like this since the update of WOT...every Aslains modpack goes in slowly

Edited by howie eye

Well, even with Defender disabled, installer is slow! (And i do have files in different folder)

Earlier pack were ok....

Disregard

It seems that defender reactivates DOH!

It is defender that intervenes...

Thx. for help Howie Eye.

Edited by Prowler_DK

Currently if you are using Windows Defender and are having this problem all it takes is to turn off real time protection before opening Aslains Mod pack installer

1. Right click or double click the Windows Defender icon in your notification area
  2. When Windows Defender opens click on settings
  3. Windows Defender settings window opens up and give you a number of options, go to where it says Real-time protection and click it till it says off
  4. Close windows Defender settings but keep Windows Defender open so you can re-enable Windows Defender when you are done installing your mods with the installer

I don't know why I don't have this problem but many others do, but I have a friend who has this problem and he did the above steps and it just makes the installer work a little faster but another difference is he has a slower (2.6GHz 8GB memory and everything is on an old Seagate HDD) computer with many older parts and I'm running a practically brand new machine with a 5.03 GHz processor 32GB memory and everything on an SSD rather than a HDD. 

Screenshot (121).png

Screenshot (122).png

Screenshot (123).png