improve internet with windows 10

bubs79

ive been doing a lot of research about windows 10 and ways to improve internet. as my laptop had been  getting high ping in wot .

what I have found is that windows 10  secretely  downloads files on to your  pc/laptop  to get it ready for updates . 

in the task manager there is  lsome called   service host:local system.   if u expand that   u wll find one  that says  background intelligent tranfers services,  

the title says it all really .  what this function does is downloads stuff in the background  whilst  u r using your pc without u knowing it .

now u will wonder where the files r going well first thing u need to do is make hidden files visable

then go into your c windows drive or wherever your os is on   u will see a folder called   $windows-bt  . that is where the downloaded files r going into  for a future updates/upgrades.

now  I have stopped  the bits service and put it to manual instead of automatic start .   now the the computer does not download anything in the background  anymore but be warned  it stops windows update  from updating , but u can start updates every month manually yourself 

have I noticed  a difference in internet ? the answer is yes  quite a big difference  

I'm on a 2 meg  line   my downstream is 1.9 -2.1,   when I download a program a game or file my  download is usualy between 130 kb/s and 170 kb/s    but since I disabled the bits   my download  is now 200-210 kb/s  

I have also notice ingame that the ping is much better.

it is only a suggestion but for me its improved my connection

I might try that  out . its just a few times in last month that  my internet gets hogged and  it take the whole network  and cant even open google  because of it on any device on the router.

yesterday it was  constantly  hogging  my internet , only way I cud use internet was turning the laptop off or disconnecting from router , at first I thought it cud be a virus , but after reading about windows 10  downloading in background  helped me out solve it

You can also download Razer Cortex. It will stop processes while your game is running, and re-start them after you exit the game. You can block windows processes and services and non-windows programs (anti-virus auto-update, etc.).

Edited by downinflames
17 hours ago, downinflames said:

You can also download Razer Cortex. It will stop processes while your game is running, and re-start them after you exit the game. You can block windows processes and services and non-windows programs (anti-virus auto-update, etc.).

I do know this but the problem wasn't just when I was gaming . when this was happening every device on the network was affected  my phone woud take forever to load google page my ipad the same , disconnect laptop and internet is normal ,  problem was that whatever was working in the background sucked the whole bandwidth