General DLC server bug reporting. (Downloading issues only, not for 404 errors)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I tried the 5 different links for the latest modpack for WoT version 1.5 and can only get one of them to work.  The others timed out or said that the server was not available.  Are the hosting servers overloaded due to the release of the new version of the modpack?

I got a 403 error since the last update.

54160ab08407d6215a3aa55f9e7840b3.jpg

I changed my wifi hardware, it's maybe from that.

Which port have I to open on my wireless routeur ?

EDIT : i tried by using my smartphone internet connection and not my house connection : same issue.

Perhaps not from my new wireless routeur (that I put in bridge mod).

Edited by TreeShepherd
  • 11 months later...

would it be quicker if you set a user limit or smth? then it would go through like a queue or smth and atleast someone would be able to download something instead of all users just 0kbs...

and it even downloaded the largest file that was selected (240mb; didnt show the final file size trho, it just downloaded current amout), but then just started all over again with just scrolling around....

Edited by kolkhoznik666

I've had no issues before with Aslain mod pack installs ( Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.1.9.0.1_08.exe just two days ago), but with Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.1.9.0.2_00.exe it's struggling.  Ages for some downloads and now an error:

Download failed: Bad gateway (502)
Check your connection and click 'Retry' to try downloading the files again, or click 'Next' to continue installing anyway.

Right now it's struggling with HDMinimapSpaces_1602.7z

Either it's gone so smoothly in the past I'd not noticed the per-item progress bar, or that is new ?

Edited by Athunt

I'm encountering this as well.  It used to maybe take a minute or so to download what I have configured, now it's hanging, going slowly, and I even got a 502 Bad Gateway error once so far, so am in the middle of a Retry.

A total of two Retry clicks later and it's now installed.

Edited by Athunt
Got there in the end

It's definitely a behaviour I haven't seen before. I tried an hour ago and it was just hanging as per the original post. Now it's instant HTTP-502 response to both HEAD and GET requests from the installer. Incidentally, the installer should probably check that the HEAD request to check the content filesize doesn't result in a 4xx/5xx error (which would return an invalid filesize of 0), and if the DLC server does return an error on HEAD it should abort immediately and not attempt to GET the content.

502.png.8789add7281051391956efff0bc17543.png

Naturally this is a transient problem (due to server overload I presume) but I've not seen it before.  After 10-15 mins of consistent 502 errors the server came back online and let me install the modpack successfully.

Edited by SoftwareSimian
23 minutes ago, SoftwareSimian said:

It's definitely a behaviour I haven't seen before. I tried an hour ago and it was just hanging as per the original post. Now it's instant HTTP-502 response to both HEAD and GET requests from the installer. Incidentally, the installer should probably check that the HEAD request to check the content filesize doesn't result in a 4xx/5xx error (which would return an invalid filesize of 0), and if the DLC server does return an error on HEAD it should abort immediately and not attempt to GET the content.

502.png.8789add7281051391956efff0bc17543.png

i unchecked the both Aslains HDR , installation went thru within minutes

22 minutes ago, kolkhoznik666 said:

so can it be fixed somehow plz, its rather annoying...

Fix is simple: be patient, keep trying. Eventually the surge of users will stop overloading the server and you'll get your modpack installed.

Edited by SoftwareSimian