Problem with camera in zoom mode

Hi all, I recently installed Aslain and I found a bug (or maybe I did not instal anything) when I enter in zoom mode: if I'm in third person mode and I rotate the chassis oa a TD or a semiturret tank (for example obj416) the turret rotates, keeping the aim int he same point; however, if I enter in zoom mode and I rotate the chassis, the turret is like welded to the chassis and it rotates with it without keepiing aiming at the same point.

I remember that I experienced it in the past with another mod pack, but I selected in the game the option of "horizontal stabilization in sniper mode" and it got solved. Now selcting it or dynamic camerta or whatever I select, it doesn't work.

Anyone can help me?

(If the isssue is not clear, tell me and I can upload a replay)

18 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Thanks, you enabled it by yourself:

ceHQaJK.jpg

Freno de mano OFF en modo Sniper (Solo Antitanques)

So looks like I was right in the first time. :)

I have it removed now and the problem persists... (I have also reinstalled the game 2h ago) :(

4 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Hm, like I said, I am not sure if I understand your problem :)

I would have to try to reproduce it, but the description is unclear to me :(

Ok, lets start:

1-In a full turreted tank, it works fine: wether in sniper or 3rd person mode when I turn the hull, the gun keeps pointing to the same spot (the camera direction does not vary).

2-In a td or limited turret traverse tank: in 3rd person it works fine (as full turreted tanks), but in sniper mode, when I turn the hull, the gun (or camera) turns as well (instead of keep pointing to the same spot).

If you still dont understand it, I record a replay and send you

Edited by diegosgm
28 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Hm, like I said, I am not sure if I understand your problem :)

I would have to try to reproduce it, but the description is unclear to me :(

Without mods it works fine

2 replays (first is mine with Aslain, 2nd my friend with Promod)

As you can see, we aim to the church's gate: I have no problem in 3rd person, but in sniper mode the gun and camera turn with the tank (instead of keeping aiming to the church as happens in my friend's replay)

http://wotreplays.com/site/3060402#himmelsdorf-diegosgm-grille_15

http://wotreplays.com/site/3060404#himmelsdorf-diegosgm-grille_15

Thank you for your attention

Edited by diegosgm
  • Administrator

I've tried with your mods setup and without mods (safe mode). If the clean WG works like that, then I would ask a WG support, maybe it's their bug.

However you are saying you are not experiencing this on vanilla wot. Weird.

I have tested it on 360' Hellcat and TD with limited gun traverse, SU-100.

Just now, Aslain said:

I've tried with your mods setup and without mods (safe mode). If the clean WG works like that, then I would ask a WG support, maybe it's their bug.

However, with Promod works fine... Maybe any mod missing? You have that issue?

12 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Just a random question thrown in here; 

What does your horizontalStabilizer.json say? Because it's true for your friend. (And false in my setup)

(File is here: \0.9.16\scripts\client\gui\mods\mod_pmod\)

It was false, now is in true and works. Thank you so much, but now I have another problem: when I enter in zoom mode with shift, i can only go 3rd person with shift, not with the scroll. If I enter in sniper mode with the scroll everything is right. Do u know which file should I edit?

Edited by diegosgm
13 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

That's a WoT setting. :)

"Restrict toggling the Sniper mode to the Shift key"

Horizontal stabilization is a WoT setting too... I wonder if that matters then :) if you changed that file and it worked, hmm.

Maybe you should include it in Aslain, its VERY usefull for TDs and semiturreted tanks, you can use them as normal tanks (taking into account the max rotation of the turret/gun).

Thnak you os much for your attention!!

13 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

That's a WoT setting. :)

"Restrict toggling the Sniper mode to the Shift key"

But I can enter in sniper mode both ways: with shift or with scroll, but when I enter with shift I have to zoom in so that I can go 3rd person with the scroll by zooming out (if when I enter in sniper mode with shift I dont zoom in, then I cannot zoom out to 3rd person).

I've benn having this issue since I selected "Default configuration of zoom and selected x1.6" in your modpack.

Do u understand me?

Edited by diegosgm
  • Administrator
13 hours ago, diegosgm said:

It was false, now is in true and works. Thank you so much, but now I have another problem: when I enter in zoom mode with shift, i can only go 3rd person with shift, not with the scroll. If I enter in sniper mode with the scroll everything is right. Do u know which file should I edit?

I advised the same, I showed it on pic.

On 11/1/2016 at 2:15 PM, Aslain said:

:) will try to introduce it today, will be placed under that TD break thing.

I don't think it's necessary to include that in mod cuz it's in the game option , sbalization in sniper mod (I don't remember the EXACT name).....u can check it ur self