Translating WoWs modpack / installer language files

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Well the point of translation is to have everything in a given language I think, why do you want to keep english names of mods? I don't know how Japanese users are playing in Japan, but don't you guys have your games entirely translated to JP? 

I recommend to not sort the list, keep the order as in original english file or you may lose the context.

7 hours ago, Aslain said:

Well the point of translation is to have everything in a given language I think, why do you want to keep english names of mods? I don't know how Japanese users are playing in Japan, but don't you guys have your games entirely translated to JP? 

I recommend to not sort the list, keep the order as in original english file or you may lose the context.

Japanese does not always have words that correspond to English words.
In Japanese, katakana is used to express things and concepts that did not originally exist in Japan, or when it is difficult to understand even if translated literally or freely.
Even in games, many words that express the pronunciation of the original word in katakana are used.
Example: ge-mu(game), re-da-(radar), dame-ji(damage), korekushon(collection), etc

Currently, the problem is that Japanese players who use modpack can no longer select Japanese for the guide text displayed by the installation program.
Therefore, as a first step, I would like to revive the Japanese localization of the guidance display.
Regarding the name of the mod, (if there is a request among Japanese players) I would like to take it to the next step.
How about that?

I understand that I shouldn't rearrange the lines.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, syumai said:

Japanese does not always have words that correspond to English words.
In Japanese, katakana is used to express things and concepts that did not originally exist in Japan, or when it is difficult to understand even if translated literally or freely.
Even in games, many words that express the pronunciation of the original word in katakana are used.
Example: ge-mu(game), re-da-(radar), dame-ji(damage), korekushon(collection), etc

Currently, the problem is that Japanese players who use modpack can no longer select Japanese for the guide text displayed by the installation program.
Therefore, as a first step, I would like to revive the Japanese localization of the guidance display.
Regarding the name of the mod, (if there is a request among Japanese players) I would like to take it to the next step.
How about that?

I understand that I shouldn't rearrange the lines.

Minimum translation, do these lines:

en.Component_Number=Component No.
en.visit_wgmods=Please click on thumb up for my modpack, thank you! <3
en.default_enable_preview=Show preview window
en.Popup_ImagePreview=Image preview
en.Popup_ImagePreview_SoundPreview=Image & Sound Preview
en.full_size_button=Enlarge
en.SoundCtrlButtonCaptionSoundOn=Stop
en.SoundCtrlButtonCaptionSoundOff=Play
en.detected=Detected:
en.noconfig=No Client detected!
en.eu_case=EU Client
en.na_case=NA Client
en.ru_case=RU Client
en.asia_case=ASIA Client
en.kr_case=KR Client
en.ct_case=CT Client
en.steam_client=Steam Client
en.cleaninstall=Remove all previous mods from the game (strongly advised)%n- Attention: wipes out everything in res_mods folder!
en.install=Installation options
en.cleaninstall_Stats=Backup session stats cache (untick this option in case of problems)
en.cleaninstall_DLC_Folder=Delete installer cache files in "Aslain_Modpack\DL_cache" folder
en.cleaninstall_WOT_CACHE=Reset the game settings and clean up the cache
en.create_shortcuts=Create applications shortcut on desktop
en.dropdown_menu_Custom=Custom installation
en.dropdown_menu_Reset=Reset
en.dropdown_menu_Aslains_setup=Aslain's recommended setup
en.Customtitle=Readme
en.Customsubtitle=Please read the following important information before continuing.
en.SupportText_b=www.aslain.com
en.SupportText=Support:
en.CustomURL=[ENG]
en.CustomURL2=[PL]
en.CustomFile_err=World of Warships doesn't seem to be installed in that folder.%n%nContinue anyway?
en.CustomAbout=ABOUT
en.ModuleLoad_err=CAUTION: World of Warships is running!%n%nDo you really want to continue?
en.WizardLicense=Information
en.LicenseLabel3=When you are ready to continue with Setup, click Next.
en.Extracting_msg=Extracting
en.Extracting_longmsg=Extracting downloaded mods
en.DescriptionTitle=
en.DescriptionTitleText=There is no description for this component
en.DescButtonS=Show Descriptions
en.DescButtonH=Hide Descriptions
en.DescriptionText2=Left click on a component to see its description.
en.AreYouSure=You are trying to install on Common Test client!%n%nAre you sure?
en.Msgbox_Clean_DLC=Are you sure that you want to delete the DLC Cache folder?
en.Msgbox_Clean_WoT_Cache=Are you sure that you want to delete the WoWs Cache folder?
en.Msgbox_Clean_WoT_version_folder=Are you sure that you want to wiped out the res_mods folder?
en.DescLinkName=Visit this mod's website
en.ImagePreview=Press here for image preview
en.UnableCheck=I was unable to check for an update, I will continue with the installation of the current version:
en.NewVersionAvailable=There is a newer installer available:
en.NewVersionAvailable2=, the current version is:
en.NewVersionAvailable3=. Would you like to download it?
en.SetupLoadINF= - Setup is running with ''/LOADINF'' paramater
en.Checking4Updates=Checking for updates...
en.Language_Change_Alert=Warning! %nYou have chosen mods, that will change language in the game! %n%nWould you like to review the issued mods?%n
en.Issued_Mods_Alert=Issued Mods:
en.DisableModPreview=Display small installer window / disable mod-preview
en.UnsuitableGameVersionDetected=Attention: Unsuitable game client version detected.%n%nThis modpack is made for WoWs {#WoWsVer} only !
en.MustCompleteInstallation=You must complete the installation\client update before you proceed with mods installation
en.support_on_patreon=Become my Patreon <3
en.donate_euro=Donate EUR <3
en.donate_dollar=Donate USD <3
en.donate_pln=Donate PLN <3
en.donate_gbp=Donate GBP <3
en.join_my_discord=Join my Discord
en.deletePython=Clean-Up Python.log (recommended)

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Aslain said:

I don't change anything like that, so it's most likely a random occurence. Give me examples.

It is found in the following positions. Is it okay to delete anything other than the beginning?

00000000 EF BB BF
000024D1 EF BB BF
00002504 EF BB BF
00005040 EF BB BF
00005BB7 EF BB BF
00008138 EF BB BF
0000813B EF BB BF
00008188 EF BB BF
0000818B EF BB BF

I translated the donation message that appears first in the modpack installer into Japanese so that it is easy for Japanese people to understand.
If you can make the installer display the message in Japanese when the user chooses Japanese, use this sentence.
I hope that donations will increase as much as possible.

Translation:
Request
To keep this modpack up to date, I (Aslain) have to spend a lot of time and money, which is a big burden.
I would be grateful if you could join me as my supporter on patreon.com or donate via Paypal to continue the activity.
Please consider it.

request.txt

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...