no client detected

Hey,

The mod pack does not detect the client version when using WGC (wargaming game center). I noticed that the launchers do not exist anymore when using WGC, you are probably using the launcher.cfg to get the client version ?

Looking in the game folder for files that contain the game version I found "game_info.xml". I checked, the files exists in all 3 games (Warships, Tanks, Planes). In this file you have "<id>WOWS.EU.PRODUCTION</id>". I attached the files from Warships and Tanks. Tell me if you need any other info.

Thanks.

WOWS_game_info.xml

WOT_game_info.xml

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Your link on the last page in the installer still doesn't work and WGC is now the only way you can play WG games. I know it's not important but I see people making a big fuss about this.

If the user has WGC you can launch "[path_to_game]\wgc_api.exe --open". This is the shortcut WGC makes for each game. This will launch WGC with the respective game selected and not the actual game. The user still has to click on "play" but no error.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, daniyyel said:

my reply was about the "launch world of warships" checkbox on the final page of the installer. it returns an error that it cannot find the launcher

Yeah this WoWs launching is not supporting GC. I would have to add a separate checkbox for GC users. It will end up with 2 checkboxes, that may confuse some users ;) Then I guess steam users can show and complain too. :)

• 4 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 9:26 PM, BeGiN said:

Cool, thanks for the report! :smile:

Can you update the 2.5 load installer to detect exe detection? it only checks old name installation Aslains_XVM_Mod_Installer_*.exe

Now its Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v*

Maybe just detect if first name is Aslains_* then grab exe file from that.

Or at least give out source code so I or somebody else can update it.

Edited by wazer