Few Issues related to Asia server introduced with 9.20.1

a collection of most common problem/issues with the ASIA recent update. common answers to issues. answers not guaranteed as other mods will/may also affect other functionalities:

Q: WOT crashes to desktop when reaching the "synchronizing..." page?
A: disable/uncheck the entire "The XVM section".
2017-10-24_2348.png

Q: Turret not moving?
A: uncheck "Enable horizontal...: and "Armour Penetration.."
2017-10-25_0008.png

Q: Damage panel not working?
A: uncheck "Vehicle Contour Icons".
2017-10-24_2336.png

Q: I cannot FIRE my cannon?
A: uncheck entire "AIm Helping mods"
2017-10-25_0014.png

Edited by guilliam
added 4th issue
  • Upvote 1
Spoiler

Hi All,  XVM team has already answered inquiries:

Aslain, You may have to build around  the special build..  I leave  it to you  boss.  :)

•  

Heinz_Hauptmann

• Heinz_Hauptmann
  • 1 post

Same here after loading  XVM  on  new update game crashes  after laoding  screen.

grou

• grou
  • 2 posts
  • City: Tokyo
  • Nick: grou
  • WoT Server: ASIA

XVM 7.1.0 not only login, replay doesn't work too.

Mixaill

• Mixaill
  • XVM Team XVM Team
  • 796 posts
  • City: Минск
  • WoT Server: RU / CIS

TLDR:

-WG fucked up with ASIA release so it may took some time to fix it.

- 9.20.1 ASIA != 9.20.1

------

Update: try special build for ASIA https://nightly.modxvm.com (branch 9.20.1-ASIA)

Edited 50 minutes ago by Mixaill

XVM nightly builds:nightly.modxvm.com
XVM translation server: translate.modxvm.com

Ribby_COL

• Ribby_COL
  • 1 post
  • Nick: Ribby_COL
  • WoT Server: ASIA

Ty, XVM team.

I checked that there are no problems with the special build.(It didn't crash.)

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

Looks like xvm devs started to make xvm for asia. Currently as nightly build. Has anyone tested it yet?

Yep. Still no good. Got to go to work. I will try again without all of the xvm thingies.

Just read this on the Asian Forums

It has been confirmed by the XVM developers:

- The error of XVM crashing the game has indeed been caused by the anime tanks

- There will be no fix for Asia server 9.20.1are running 2 different versions of the game: 

1. ASIA region

2. Everyone else

It's not the anime tanks per say, it's the fact they are ASIA server only. 

This makes the Asian server carry a slightly different version of the game than the other regions.

Thus causing the compatibility issues between the Asia server and XVM.

WG do not develop XVM, therefor it's not their problem.

XVM dev team go largely unpaid, and do not have the resources to write a separate, region-specific version of XVM.

If we are lucky they will work on incorporating a fix for 9.20.2, in about 2 months time.

Until then best let any of our potential US server migrants know to be aware; XVM is no longer available on the SEA server.

5 minutes ago, lightning said:

Just read this on the Asian Forums

It has been confirmed by the XVM developers:

- The error of XVM crashing the game has indeed been caused by the anime tanks

- There will be no fix for Asia server 9.20.1are running 2 different versions of the game: 

1. ASIA region

2. Everyone else

It's not the anime tanks per say, it's the fact they are ASIA server only. 

This makes the Asian server carry a slightly different version of the game than the other regions.

Thus causing the compatibility issues between the Asia server and XVM.

WG do not develop XVM, therefor it's not their problem.

XVM dev team go largely unpaid, and do not have the resources to write a separate, region-specific version of XVM.

If we are lucky they will work on incorporating a fix for 9.20.2, in about 2 months time.

Until then best let any of our potential US server migrants know to be aware; XVM is no longer available on the SEA server.

so, for now.... there is no XVM mods for just ASIA server only.... ?? :( 

Edited by arniGX

This is one thing I'd like to say.   I have been an AVID and Loyal user  of  Aslain's WOT  MODS from version 9.12  up to present and has depended on this mod  for   the years  that I've played WOT.  In fact, I've recommended  and  most of my clanmates are   now using  Aslain Mods  since  the clans inception.  I am not directly disappointed  with what is happening  right now,  not that this has anything  to do with Aslains work. ( He's doing  an excellent  work on the mods  that he  is releasing. ) It's only that  since ,  I had become very dependent on the  mods,  that now playing  the standard game...  I'm really at a  loss and I all know that you  all share  my sentiments.  Hoping  that this issue would  be resolved soon.  ASLAIN  YOU'RE   THE BEST !!!  MORE POWER  TO YOU AND YOUR  STAFF!!!     

Hello :)

Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.20.1_06a is not working on Asian server tried fresh install cleared game and modpack cache.

I managed to get into garage with nightly xvm though which is >> WoT 9.20.1-ASIA .

I know its not your teams fault everything happening coz of unprepared server update.

Plz fix this, tournament in few hours i cant play a single game without your mods.

Edited by U5ER

Hi Aslain.  Firstly like to thank you for all the behind the scenes work that you do to deliver probs the best mod tool for WoT.  Anyway, just an update re WoT build 9.20.1.647 with your modpack v9.20.1#06a.  It installs fine, however, after entering username and password, it syncs user files then for a spit second the garage is visible then crashes out back to desktop.  Like most people are reporting.

As a side note, with the mod option to change server location there is now Hongkong and Australia server options, albeit greyed out for now until they are live so the default is still W.o.T.   Just in case this makes any difference to your code.

Cheers

Edited by Leighton Donaldson
PS Uninstall the modpack allows the game to enter into garage and function correctly

I'm trying to isolate which mod is responsible but I cannot log in to Tanks with my standard mods since the WOT patch.  The game crashes as you enter the garage.  Tried turning off garage background mod and log in assistance mods and server info mods.  Can only play with zero mods at this stage.

Not using any really intrusive mods so confused as to what is causing it.

I'm on the Asia server and they just brought in the select server options for the Australia server when that comes in next month.  This is the first thing that came to mind. 

• Administrator

Affected mods on asia server might be something like this:

- all crosshairs using pyc script

- extra aim info

- autoaim indication

- enemy direction

- damage panels

- damage logs

- gun and engine sounds

- XVM (partialy or fully fixed in latest modpack)

55 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Affected mods on asia server might be something like this:

- all crosshairs using pyc script

- extra aim info

- autoaim indication

- enemy direction

- damage panels

- damage logs

- gun and engine sounds

- XVM (partialy or fully fixed in latest modpack)

enemy direction works fine on mine.

Edited by guilliam
typo

Tried 0.9.20.1.1 with 1 sight selected 

entered game ok but turrent facing rear of tank and can't fire

Mod-Pack Installer by Aslain
Version: 9.20.1.1.00
Installed on: ASIA Client
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destination location:
      I:\TANKS

Setup type:
      Custom installation

Selected components:
      -----------------------[ The Mod Pack (non-XVM mods) ]----------------------------
         ----------------------[ Crosshair mods ]------------------------------------------
            Crosshairs
               crosshair: Mjölnir (blue)

1 minute ago, Freesword said:

I am running the mod on the Asia server without any XVM options selected. I renamed as suggested the folders to add the ".1" for the new patch. Whilst of course I do not have VXM functionality, the game runs fine with other mod functionality.

Weird I did the same and played a game then it crashed after the game going back into garage.