Arty Aiming

I have the same issue, all my arties shoot into the ground.

However, this occurs only in sniper mode & I am sure this is what is happening as I zoomed out to see where the shell was hitting, right into the ground as if the code that allows the aiming to calculate how much arc should be for each shot is aiming as the crow flies & not considering any terrain, instead shooting into the ground ahead of you, if there's the slightest grade or hill.
But in TD mode, I could lock onto a target & shoot them if they were close enough for me to use auto aim to lock onto them. But since that is very close, I can't tell if it would just shoot into the ground as the enemy tank is so close.

Since installing the WOT Modpack v9.20.1.2 #09  Arty is no longer playable.

When you have zoomed in the hull is locked and you can not move the aiming unless you zoom out again.

You do not see where the shell hit when you are zoomed in

If you zoom out after the shoot you can see that it does not go anywhere near were you aimed, there seems to be some problem with the shell arc. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Raid said:

I have this same problem. And it cannot be AA+ as i didnt even install it.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

2 battles on arty with your setup and no issues.

10 hours ago, gmann said:

Before I updated  WoT ModPack v9.20.1.2 #09 the aiming was normal. After I updated now the aiming is way off. Sometimes the round doesn't even land in the area and some time it goes straight into the ground.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Unable to check your mod setup, because _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf is missing in attached logs.

5 hours ago, Knispel_K said:

Since installing the WOT Modpack v9.20.1.2 #09  Arty is no longer playable.

When you have zoomed in the hull is locked and you can not move the aiming unless you zoom out again.

You do not see where the shell hit when you are zoomed in

If you zoom out after the shoot you can see that it does not go anywhere near were you aimed, there seems to be some problem with the shell arc. 

Like he said, arty shoots only with direct line to where its HULL is facing, not where gun is pointing (unless its pointing directly ahead.) In arty aiming mode, crosshair works just like intended and it moves to target just like before but when i shoot shells still go only where hull was pointing when you started aiming.

And if there is lag, it has be server sided becouse my ping is constantly under 80ms

Edited by Raid

Here is also a screenshot for the problem.  Im sittin in K1 with my tanks hull pointing at around A9 and a0 and im aiming at C0. It even shows in the component panel that my BC turret is facing towards c0 but after i shoot, my shells land a9 and a0 border. Only way to actually hit right targets is to either try to lock autoaim on target in arcade aiming mode or hope that some unlucky soul drives where my shells are landing. And this happenend after last Modpack update. With older pack, it works just fine. And its not just that aiming is out of sync as if i dont turn my hull with WASD, all my shells land in same spot no matter where i aim with mouse.

Inkedshot_002_LI.jpg

Edited by Raid
31 minutes ago, Aslain said:

@Raid what do you mean by "older pack", which one precisely? I see huge extraaiminfo mod error spam in logs, maybe try without it, or without safe shot, but still.... it's very weird issue, never seen such thing before.

eh, forgot the add the logs, here they are

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

with this version (Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.20.1.2_07.exe) everything works just fine.

Edited by Raid

I had been running mod version 9.20.1.2_01 and installed the latest mod today. The shots from my SPG are all going wild. I'm using Battle Assistant and when I'm in Spg view and fired sometimes i wouldn't even see my shot and when I went out and zoomed back in I could fire and barely see my round hitting the ground at the edge of my screen. I got to studying and noticed when in 3rd person view my Bishop turned as desired but when I selected a target area on mini-map and went into SPG firing mode my site would move like i wanted but shots were still wild. I got to studying and noticed that my SPG hull was still facing whatever direction it was in when I went into firing mode even though i was aiming in different direction. When I pressed "G" to go out of Battle Assistant mode and back into standard top down firing that the hull would then traverse with the gun but as soon as I pressed "G" again for Battle Assistant my hull got locked again. It appears that something related to Battle Assistant is locking the hull even though the site continues to move as desired. I'm attaching a replay.

20171114_1439_uk-GB28_Bishop_34_redshire.wotreplay