Azur lane ship preview (Waifu) mod resume updates (the post is used to report work progress and collect opinions)

I am a dual player of Azur Lane and World of Warships. Waifu mod by BOP is my first and favorite mod in the aslain collection. I look forward to new characters every time I update it. However, in mid-2023, this mod stopped being updated. Later, I contacted BOP himself through discord, and he said that he would no longer update the mod (including playing World of Warships), but I believed that many people were still using this mod (especially in China), so I told him that I would Continuing with his work, he agreed and helped me a lot, so hats off to him🫡🫡! I had never used PS before, and it took me three hours to make the first picture (New Orleans), but today I am very proficient and happy with my progress😁!
In the upcoming version 13.0.0 #3, more than 20 ships will receive new preview images. Special thanks to the forum administrator for helping me!🥹🫡
My follow-up work mainly includes three parts:
1. Make drawings for new ships (like essex&independence)
2. Pictures of replacement old ships (for example, some ships later released by AL that can be matched with WWS, including Boise, Hindenburg, etc.)
3. Clean up some duplicate and no longer used pictures in the mod collection, and streamline the collection size (such as American and Japanese cv)
My work will mainly be based on the ships that exist in Azur Lane, and occasionally use some vertical drawings from other games, so the ships in Spain and Pan-American regions may not have corresponding pictures for the time being. If you have any recommended pictures, please leave a message under the post, I may adopt it and put it into the mod.
In addition, I am a Master of Laws majoring in Internet and Intellectual Property. I respect the copyright of all authors, but unfortunately all the pictures I use are downloaded (even PS is pirated, I am a student, and genuine copies are too expensive🥺🥲). This mod is a free mod. If the author finds any infringement issues, please contact me immediately and I will replace the infringing images immediately.
Finally, I wish you all a happy time using this mod!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Report the contents of this update

Newly added: Japanese second line—— Yumihari Adatara and Bungo

Remake: Jinan Longjiang( both are from the Azur Lane latest Chinese New Year event) and Gremyashchy (Tier 5)

Modify picture quality: Boise and New Orleans

Chinese New Year is just four days away, I wish you all a good time! all the best!

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone, I am the author of Azur lane ship preview. In the update to version 13.0.1, the mod location was placed in the wrong folder, making the preview unavailable. Please change the folder (ship preview+ ship preview ds) Put it in the gui folder and it can be used normally. I also contacted the administrator. I'm sorry about this and hope you all have fun.

微信截图_20240207233138.png

Thank you for taking over this mod and updating it!
I noticed that some tech tree's still don't have icons, are you aware of these and updating them? or would you like me to provide a list of missing ships and ships that have a azurlane counterpart?
image.png?ex=65d7efff&is=65c57aff&hm=a41

On 2/9/2024 at 1:10 AM, Asphroxia said:

Thank you for taking over this mod and updating it!
I noticed that some tech tree's still don't have icons, are you aware of these and updating them? or would you like me to provide a list of missing ships and ships that have a azurlane counterpart?
image.png?ex=65d7efff&is=65c57aff&hm=a41

Thank you very much for your reply! The reason why the two new lines of Pan America and Spain have not been previewed so far is mainly because there are basically no corresponding ships in Azur Lane, so some other anime images need to be used for production. I am also looking for them (if you have recommended pictures, you can send them to me, thank you very much). The current focus of the work is still on replacing some existing ships relevant to Azur Lane, but don't worry I will not forget about new lines (for example, the upcoming Commonwealth cruiser is relatively simple, because many of them have historical prototypes). Wish you a good day!

Hello everyone! I just handed in my mid-term assignment and will update it immediately.

Newly added: Tier 8 AL Cheshire  Tier 9 Chikuma  Tier 7 Juptier 42  Tier 9 Tianjing

Remake: Tier 8 Anchorage  Tier 6 Werse  Tier 9 Felix Schultz

I hope you all have fun. If Tianjin displays an error, please report it to me quickly.

On 2/13/2024 at 3:09 AM, 摆烂式学法 said:

Thank you very much for your reply! The reason why the two new lines of Pan America and Spain have not been previewed so far is mainly because there are basically no corresponding ships in Azur Lane, so some other anime images need to be used for production. I am also looking for them (if you have recommended pictures, you can send them to me, thank you very much). The current focus of the work is still on replacing some existing ships relevant to Azur Lane, but don't worry I will not forget about new lines (for example, the upcoming Commonwealth cruiser is relatively simple, because many of them have historical prototypes). Wish you a good day!

Yeah that makes sense, I will just provide azurlane ships then that need updating in the hopes that u already don't have a list of everything that needs replacing xD
Sakura Empire
image.png.3778120110c555fa3e93375e27f640d0.pngimage.png.6b1808f5434612e2d57a38b6034e91e0.png
Eagle Union
image.png.44359cc328c3345728dfbf1f0c1f38d0.pngimage.png.bd4a057814a1317caf2baafc5d99c6f3.png
Northern Parliament
image.png.8beef62f5fe3647f5ee39ff8ebbf58ed.pngimage.png.4332d911838533ce538e00d099c86982.png
Iron Blood
image.png.82d0d26f66d1d7a96f78585dc0c1b325.png
Sardegna Empire
image.png.aeb497377eca88e926f9c961edcb1c34.pngimage.png.b4287dece957062a118c1646b01be8ed.png

I've probably missed missed some but these are the ones I could see at a glance, I hope it helps!
how do you feel like using stuff like AL Guam for Alaska?

stay safe!

11 hours ago, Asphroxia said:

Yeah that makes sense, I will just provide azurlane ships then that need updating in the hopes that u already don't have a list of everything that needs replacing xD
Sakura Empire
image.png.3778120110c555fa3e93375e27f640d0.pngimage.png.6b1808f5434612e2d57a38b6034e91e0.png
Eagle Union
image.png.44359cc328c3345728dfbf1f0c1f38d0.pngimage.png.bd4a057814a1317caf2baafc5d99c6f3.png
Northern Parliament
image.png.8beef62f5fe3647f5ee39ff8ebbf58ed.pngimage.png.4332d911838533ce538e00d099c86982.png
Iron Blood
image.png.82d0d26f66d1d7a96f78585dc0c1b325.png
Sardegna Empire
image.png.aeb497377eca88e926f9c961edcb1c34.pngimage.png.b4287dece957062a118c1646b01be8ed.png

I've probably missed missed some but these are the ones I could see at a glance, I hope it helps!
how do you feel like using stuff like AL Guam for Alaska?

stay safe!

Thanks for the reminder. I have the original dioramas of all the Azur Lane ships. I know there are still many ships that have not been updated yet because I am a LLM student in Scotland (lots of essay and reading), but don't worry, I keep a note of all the ships that need to be updated in a memo. I'll update it oneday!

(Besides, I’m so envious of you for having Musashi, hahahahaha)

Have a nice day!

老大 改的还有几个

日本:筑摩

苏联:基辅、塞瓦斯托波尔

德国:海因里希

髪国:布雷斯特、里昂、弗兰德尔

意大利:阿蒂略·莱戈洛(好像是用错了庞培的立绘)、阿布鲁奇公爵(立绘被放在那不勒斯上面了)

英国:勇敢

还有就像上面老哥说的要不要用同级姊妹舰的立绘替换 试着再整理一下

6 hours ago, Astral_OKB said:

老大 改的还有几个

日本:筑摩

苏联:基辅、塞瓦斯托波尔

德国:海因里希

髪国:布雷斯特、里昂、弗兰德尔

意大利:阿蒂略·莱戈洛(好像是用错了庞培的立绘)、阿布鲁奇公爵(立绘被放在那不勒斯上面了)

英国:勇敢

还有就像上面老哥说的要不要用同级姊妹舰的立绘替换 试着再整理一下

居然见到了中文回复哈哈哈哈哈,这些都在我的表格里啦!不用担心,正在做。筑摩我已经做好了,在新的更新包中应该能看到(如果你那显示不了可以告诉我)。

解释一下莱戈洛和那不勒斯的问题,因为这个mod更早的版本不是我在更新,所以这两个是原作者做的。我目前的计划是给莱戈洛用回自己的立绘,然后把庞培的给保罗(因为他们同属罗马统帅级)。那不勒斯的话应该是原作者比较喜欢阿布鲁奇公爵的立绘,考虑到那不勒斯高人气+有两艘+我的产能问题,暂且先不改,过一段时间再说哈哈哈哈。

还有就是你提到的勇敢,这个应该是翻译问题,其实战舰世界里的勇敢是G级驱逐舰英勇(Gallant)而不是碧蓝里的H级驱逐舰勇敢(Hardy),一开始我也没有注意,其实图我已经做好了,但是后来发现了这个问题所以没有上传。我在做mod的时候还是比较在乎考据的,所以下次版本中会重做现在的施罗德和齐格飞,因为我发现齐格飞和碧蓝里的布伦希尔德都是O级装甲舰,但是施罗德和布伦希尔德没什么关系。而且齐格飞和布伦希尔德从神话历史层面也有很大的关系哈哈哈哈

昨天已经把布雷斯特做好了,这两天已经会重做一下安德里亚多里亚,弗兰德尔和香槟啥的。

欢迎多多反馈意见!

Hello everyone! Uploaded a small update today (another paper is due🥹)

Newly added: Tier 9 Tianjing((I forgot to include the update package last time)

Remake: Tier 9 Brest  Tier 6 Andrea Doria

modify:Tier 8 Shimanto Tier 5 Gremyashchy Tier8 Dmitry Pozharsky(Mainly modified body proportions and font proportions)

Today Azur Lane updated the latest Soviet activities. I will start preparing updates for new ships as soon as I submit the paper.

I hope you all have fun. 

• Upvote 1

Hi! I'm the dev of the Kantai Collection UI/Preview mod. I'm glad someone decide to update Azur Lane Preview (Waifu)!

Originally, Azur Lane Preview is the updated (and Azur Lane) version of KanColle Preview mod after KanColle Preview mod abandoned it, so both of our mods have the same style and font. Feel free to use the missing ones from my files there if you want to. You can find it in the forum here and I often update it whenever new ship or new Azur Lane ship comes out (Ognevoi soon tm). I have all tech tree and premium pic already there so you can focus on changing some ship to Azur Lane version. Some of the pic I used are from Azur Lane, especially the ships that do not exist in Kantai Collection, which is mostly non-Japanese ships.

I can provide you with Photoshop template and Fonts so the style can be consistent if you want to. It was gifted to me when wows forum existed and it would assist you a lot with the templates I got.

12 hours ago, Snakie said:

Hi! I'm the dev of the Kantai Collection UI/Preview mod. I'm glad someone decide to update Azur Lane Preview (Waifu)!

Originally, Azur Lane Preview is the updated (and Azur Lane) version of KanColle Preview mod after KanColle Preview mod abandoned it, so both of our mods have the same style and font. Feel free to use the missing ones from my files there if you want to. You can find it in the forum here and I often update it whenever new ship or new Azur Lane ship comes out (Ognevoi soon tm). I have all tech tree and premium pic already there so you can focus on changing some ship to Azur Lane version. Some of the pic I used are from Azur Lane, especially the ships that do not exist in Kantai Collection, which is mostly non-Japanese ships.

I can provide you with Photoshop template and Fonts so the style can be consistent if you want to. It was gifted to me when wows forum existed and it would assist you a lot with the templates I got.

Thank you very much for your reply!
I notice your hard work (much more than I do) and appreciate your kindness. It is foreseeable that Azur Lane will not release Pan American and Spanish series ships for a long time (maybe before the server is closed), hahahaha. Thank you for allowing me to use your work, I may include them in modpacks in the future. Likewise, if there's one of my images you like, you can put it in your mod. My major is intellectual property law. I respect your copyright very much. If I use your pictures in the future, I will definitely indicate the author.

Finally, I hope you can continue to produce excellent works, and I wish you all the best!

8 hours ago, 摆烂式学法 said:

Thank you very much for your reply!
I notice your hard work (much more than I do) and appreciate your kindness. It is foreseeable that Azur Lane will not release Pan American and Spanish series ships for a long time (maybe before the server is closed), hahahaha. Thank you for allowing me to use your work, I may include them in modpacks in the future. Likewise, if there's one of my images you like, you can put it in your mod. My major is intellectual property law. I respect your copyright very much. If I use your pictures in the future, I will definitely indicate the author.

Finally, I hope you can continue to produce excellent works, and I wish you all the best!

No worries! None of the art I used are mine for the record. I did all the editing and photoshopping. I highly doubt Azur Lane will add Dutch, Pan American, and Spanish ships within a decade honestly. I did use Arknight and Girl Frontline characters that correspond to real life nations. Like I said, I don't mind you using my version for those lines!

20 hours ago, Snakie said:

No worries! None of the art I used are mine for the record. I did all the editing and photoshopping. I highly doubt Azur Lane will add Dutch, Pan American, and Spanish ships within a decade honestly. I did use Arknight and Girl Frontline characters that correspond to real life nations. Like I said, I don't mind you using my version for those lines!

I also think Girls’ Frontline and Arknights are good sources of pictures, especially Girls’ Frontline. It is indeed one of the few games that uses military + girls + national themes. I also plan to select some of the suitable characters to make mods (I Never played this game). However, Girls’ Frontline has caused huge controversy in China. I don’t know how long this game can survive hahahahahahaha.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I turned in all my midterm assignments (but the final exam is coming soon😵)
Five ships have been updated this time

Remake:Tier 6 Farragut (use the same class ship Aylwin)  Tier 8 Flandre  Tier 7 Lyon Tier 8 Ognevoy  Tier 9 Sovetsky Soyuz

Ognevoy and Sovetsky Soyuz all come from the latest activities of Azur Lane. To be honest, I was not satisfied with the picture of the Soviet destroyer at first, because I felt that it did not reflect the elements of the Soviet camp. It wasn’t until later that other players told me that this was the style of school uniforms worn by girls during the Soviet period and that they actually wore red scarves. It reminds me of how when I was in primary school, I often had to spend one yuan to buy another red scarf at the small shop at the school gate because I forgot to bring it. In the blink of an eye, it has been 11 years since I graduated from primary school. Time flies so fast!
(Thoughts while drawing)
I wish you all the best, I'm going hiking tomorrow!

Listed the update queue, please rest assured that I will not forget a certain ship (I will pay attention to every update announcement of Azur Lane and World of Warships test server)
When choosing a preview for a project ship, I will try to respect history as much as possible.

Sorry for not providing an English version (because listing so many ships in English is a bit cumbersome🥺🥺)
(Naples will not be changed for the time being, because the original author likes it very much)

image.png

On 3/1/2024 at 2:28 PM, 摆烂式学法 said:

I also think Girls’ Frontline and Arknights are good sources of pictures, especially Girls’ Frontline. It is indeed one of the few games that uses military + girls + national themes. I also plan to select some of the suitable characters to make mods (I Never played this game). However, Girls’ Frontline has caused huge controversy in China. I don’t know how long this game can survive hahahahahahaha.

I forgot to add that I also updated many of the old lines too. Russian BB, CA, and DD were changed due to the original version were pretty bad. I recently changed US and German sub to be Azur Lane version too (no UK sub in AL yet). I highly recommend using my version as the base variant than the original Azur Lane Preview since that one is heavily outdated already. There's a lot of premiums and newer tech tree lines that are missing from the original files. This way you can have placeholder for all ships until you change it to something else.

I also notice that your version includes shadow silhouette for ships that weren't unlocked/owned (ship_preview_ds file). My version doesn't have any of those and I don't plan to make it, so that will be the biggest difference between our version. If you were to use my version, sadly you will have to make a shadow version for the ones I updated.

I didn't know Girls' Frontline had controversy in China before. I hope the game survives honestly since I play it and I love the gun girls. There is no gacha game with gun theme outside of GFL. 

1 hour ago, Snakie said:

I forgot to add that I also updated many of the old lines too. Russian BB, CA, and DD were changed due to the original version were pretty bad. I recently changed US and German sub to be Azur Lane version too (no UK sub in AL yet). I highly recommend using my version as the base variant than the original Azur Lane Preview since that one is heavily outdated already. There's a lot of premiums and newer tech tree lines that are missing from the original files. This way you can have placeholder for all ships until you change it to something else.

I also notice that your version includes shadow silhouette for ships that weren't unlocked/owned (ship_preview_ds file). My version doesn't have any of those and I don't plan to make it, so that will be the biggest difference between our version. If you were to use my version, sadly you will have to make a shadow version for the ones I updated.

I didn't know Girls' Frontline had controversy in China before. I hope the game survives honestly since I play it and I love the gun girls. There is no gacha game with gun theme outside of GFL. 

The main reason why Girls' Frontline caused controversy in China is that it is a male-oriented game (that is, most of the players are male). Some of the female characters in the second game have husbands or children (this makes many players think that they have been betray). Later, it was revealed that the company's story design team is now mainly composed of women (even the annual conference prizes are mainly LV, Lamer, Lancôme, etc.) The annual conference prizes of other game companies (such as Arknights and Azur Lane) are generally SWTICH PS5 and 4090 4080, which makes players have to doubt the design team of this game. In addition, many designs of Girls’ Frontline have strong Israeli elements (most Chinese people are more inclined to support Palestine in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict). To sum up, Girls’ Frontline is dying in China (the statistics of player recharge amounts are very obvious). I'm not a Girls' Frontline player, I'm just very interested in a series of things that happen to it hhhh.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I got sick and had a cough that didn't get better for a week. It’s strange, I have always been in good health and have not been infected with COVID-19 so far. I made an appointment with my GP on Friday. I hope the doctor in the UK can help me. I only updated a little bit this time, I'm very sorry.

Remake: Tier 9 Jean Bart black  Tier 8 Picardie

modify:Tier 10 San Martin

Edited by 摆烂式学法
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just finished my trip in Egypt! My illness lasted for about a month and I am finally cured! Some content will be updated in the next few days. And I will take making game mods and the intellectual property issues therein as the topic of my final thesis (this may be due to a little uneasiness in my heart every time I make mods). I hope my finals will go well.

• Upvote 1

Small update

Newly added: Tier 5 Delhi

Remake:Tier 5 Emerald Tier 6 Devonshire

This Azur Lane isekai themed event is great, and Devonshire’s preview is even more beautiful! Azur Lane has actually released two tribal-class destroyers (Eskimos and Nubians), but considering that the two ethnic groups are quite different from the Cossacks, there is no plan to change the Cossacks' preview for the time being.

I really like both Emerald and Devonshire in this update, I hope you all have fun!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update

Newly added: Tier 6 Montcalm (use the same class ship Marseillaise, i really like she)

Remake:Tier 7 Flint(use the same class ship Reno)  Tier 8 Champagne (the old version is other fans' drawing and i choose the wedding dress)

Starting from this update, I will also post some renderings in the comment area. I hope everyone likes it!

image.png.7bff1dd9794fe41319c0b92bdb111c37.pngimage.png.7048fdd7d6ae528640b8f41900c8e72f.pngimage.png.585cfdbef8a45ab25662208e8fcb10e4.png

• Like 1

Update before the exam (feeling guilty)

Newly added: Tier 10 Wisconsin Tier 7 Weimar  Tier 8 Wiesbaden (use the M-class ship Regensburg)

Remake:Tier 7 Munchen (use the same class ship Magdeburg) Tier 8 Constellation

As I said before, when I make mod, if the ship does not appear in Azur Lane, I will try to choose a same class ship to replace. According to WG, Wiesbaden seems to be an improved version of the M-class, so I still chose the M-class. The Weimar design is one of the Deutschland-class pocket cruisers, so i dont use the M-class ship.

In addition, I am very grateful to the administrator for giving me the "modder" medal. I am very honored!

image.pngimage.png微信截图_20240420011827.png微信截图_20240420011836.png微信截图_20240420015413.png