LOADINF is not updating installer_options.inf

First off, thank you so much Aslain!  I have been playing WOT for almost 5 years now, and I believe I have used your mod since almost the beginning.  I have taken a 6 month break, and a year break which I just got back from, and after updating WOT I just google aslains and come here.  I am so grateful you are keeping this modpack alive after all these years.

I first used LOADINF program to help my friend get into the game with my modpack settings.  Ive never really noticed a problem with it, but tonight I re-ran the isntaller to try to make some changes to the modpack.  I did end up making a few, but wanted damage texts to be colored.  I re-ran LOADINF, loading the settings, but noticed the changes I just made about 30 minutes ago were not saved.  I went back through, changed everything again, and continued with aslains installer.  The first thing I notice, is the fact I have to keep changing the install directory to the correct one.  About 2 hours ago I installed another SSD in my computer, and moved my WOT folder over.  Each time I run LOADINF, it thinks the game directory is on another drive.  And next I notice that if I run the installer, change some settings and install, nothing is getting saved.  I can run it again and my changes are not there.  The installer_options.inf file shows it hasn't been updated for about 7 hours (when I ran it earlier in the day, before moving game to SSD)

Im almost certain it has to do with the new SSD I have, but everything else appears to be working fine.  What file do I need to fix here?  How do I make this work?

Thanks for any help!

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem using LOADINF. I tried using the file in the base directory, or copying it somewhere else, but nothing makes the _Options.inf file updating ("Last modified" of the file not changing neither).

And it's not cool, coz if I do changes from my "base config", I have to make it each time I install the pack...

Maybe the installer should keep the file used in the LOADINF command AND create a new .inf file with the new config ?

Thanks for your work Aslain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had similar issue. Some settings for my mods were saved, but not all. I've also moved my WOT from HDD to SSD. So here are the answers:

According to WOT Path:
You have to change RegEdit.exe entry. WOT ModPack settings are under the following path:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_is1
There's set of settings. I guess the one you're inserrested is is named "Inno Setup: App Path"

According to settings:
I've contacted Aslain on Polish forum and he told me it's not possible to back up all the settings. He suggested me to back them up and restore manually. It can work, but is not perfect. Settings are stored in JSON file and it's not always ordered in the same order. It makes it difficult to track settings changes. I've written a small program for updating that config with my fixed values, but now I think I'll rewrite, so that it'll merge my backed up config into the config used by WOT - the one that's updated each time ModPack is installed.
I'll place that application here when I write it, it should be soon.

• Upvote 1

As I promised here's simple tool for updating/restoring WOT settings. Here's ReadMe.txt for it:

"WOTConfigUpdater is a simple tool for updating/restoring WOT Config Mod settings. Our config is often overwritten during installing new mods and then we have to set our customized settings again.
With the help of this tool you can restore your settings easily. The usage is very simple. First you have to back up your settings. Creating backup is very simple:
Enter the following catalog:
%appdata%\wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\
Copy file "modsettings.dat.
Rename copied file to "modsettings_backup.dat".

If you want to restore your backed up settings just run WOTConfigUpdater.exe. That's all.

People often forget to set their settings after installing mods, so it's good option to create bat file which first runs WOTConfigUpdater - it's very quick action, and then run WorldOfTanks.exe. Example of such bat file is also provided. If you do not have installed WOT in "C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU", you'll have to change it to your location.

PS. Tankers, respect your allies, enemies, good and bad players. The right has the one who has the right, not the one who has done more damage destroyed more tanks or has higher ranking."

WOTConfigUpdater.zip

• Like 1