Curious - Improved or Standard Graphics mode? - What Rig?

World of Tanks Graphic Settings  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all, been playing WoT for years, and am utterly sick of this piece of crap game engine that last night I raged so hard.  I have a constantly upgraded and kept new high end PC and WoT is the worst performing game that I own...including current AAA games that are out!

This is separate from the crappy servers that they use and just related to the graphics/game engine alone.

Just curious who uses Improved graphics mode, and who uses standard, and what your experience is like.

For me I can pull 60 FPS but it often chugs and gets very choppy because of the engine.  Some maps it dips to 50 but feels more like 20 as it chops around.  I finally switched back to Standard mode (because it runs better, although it still sucks) after having originally used Standard mode for a long time, before switching to the Improved mode.

Share your experience and computer specs - I am just trying to collect data.  Probably better served on the WoT forums but I wanted to share here on Aslain's first ;)

i7 4790k

GTX 980

Samsung Evo 840 SSDx2

Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 8 GB ram

ASUS Maximus Hero VII Mobo

Thanks in advance.

CPU:
INTEL Intel® Core™ i5-2500K @3.30GHz
GPU:
1x AMD ATI R9 280 STRIX
RAM:
8GB Corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 @1333MHz
Motherboard:
ASUS P8Z77WS
Cooling:
Air
Primary Drive:
HDD Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (WD-WCAZAA037376) @7200 RPM
Secondary Drive:
HDD Western Digital WDC WD5000AACS-00ZUB0 (WD-WCASU3712167) @7200RPM
Optical Drive:
ATAPI iHAS122 ATA Device
Sound Card:
Realtek ALC899 @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1] PCI
Power Supply:
Recom 1050M @ 1050 W
Case:
Recom Power Station Evo
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 (Win7 RTM)
Display:
Iiyama ProLite E2483HS (digital) / Philips 170S
Mouse:
Razer Ouroboros
Mouse Pad:
N/A
Keyboard:
Razer DeathStalker Elite Gaming
Headset:
Trust (unkown)

Clocking in @ 60fps capped. Hopes this helps your data ;)
  • Upvote 1

I have pretty old rig that's failing by the day xD

Using standard renderer with almost low settings is close at 40fps on average (goes from 28 to 55 unfortunately)

Operating System:     Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1
CPU:                            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 56 °C (Kentsfield 65nm Technology)
RAM:                           4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard:             Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-ES2L (Socket 775) 47 °C
Graphics:                    Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW (1680x1050@60Hz) 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage:                      298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-00V1A0 ATA Device (SATA) 42 °C

• Upvote 1