WoT Modpack update to 1.24.1.2 is in progress... ×

Field manual 05-Jan-2016

Good day Commander!

This field manual is about Windows 10 and the installer.

As windows 10 handles its text display feature differently than windows 8.x and earlier versions, We came to notice that the new default settings are 150% of the original text.

Normally this won't have any effect on what you see, apart from the letters being larger, but it has triggered a unusual side effect in the installer.

The effect itself is that sometimes the buttons allowing you to progress through the installation are hidden from view and can only be retrieved in some cases.

As a workaround you can adjust your display settings to match the old values (The old value is 100%).

The support wing of the armed forces is hard at work to look for a fix regarding the issue.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact HQ.

PS.

I might do a series of these field manuals regarding common issues with the installer, but only if you would like me to.

So please do let me know.

Edited by MGIMATTY
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good day Commander!

This field manual is about Windows 10 and the installer.

As windows 10 handles its text display feature differently than windows 8.x and earlier versions, We came to notice that the new default settings are 150% of the original text.

Normally this won't have any effect on what you see, apart from the letters being larger, but it has triggered a unusual side effect in the installer.

The effect itself is that sometimes the buttons allowing you to progress through the installation are hidden from view and can only be retrieved in some cases.

As a workaround you can adjust your display settings to match the old values (The old value is 100%).

The support wing of the armed forces is hard at work to look for a fix regarding the issue.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact HQ.

PS.

I might do a series of these field manuals regarding common issues with the installer, but only if you would like me to.

So please do let me know.

Okay I have question how do you change settings after initial setup? do you have uninstall re install change like example different targeting scope etc?