Capture base or not - how does it affect scoring

Does anyone have a link for an official explanation of how capturing the base affects the amount / distribution of Xp to players?

I see an ever increasing rise in team damage, team kill, hate chat, after game hate messages, and so on for being in cap.  The most common reasons are;

1) We get more Xp for killing all then we do for capping.

2) You should let 'Player name' get Top Gun or High Caliber.

What I do know is we get a lot more Xp for winning then losing.  Therefore, risking a win for any reason doesn't make sense to me.

I would just like to know for sure how base capture impacts allocation of Xp.

I did find this in Wiki. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Capturing_the_Base

You will NOT get experience for:

• 9) A specific bonus for "killing all enemy tanks" does not exist, but as listed above, the entire team receives more XP the more damage to enemy tanks is inflicted by the team (see "Team performance factor").

And This:

Team performance factor
Coefficient based on the total damage inflicted to the enemy team by your team

And This:

Victory
Coefficient of 1.5
The "Joining a battle" reward is multiplied by 1.85. No bonus to other rewards earned during the battle.

The simple fact that the 'Coefficient' for overall team damage is not specified leads me to believe it is infinitesimal.  So, until WG offers some clarification I believe it is much better to cap and thereby ensure the win if possible, then to risk losing the battle so several people gain a little more xp.

Winning Guarantees ALL team members a 50% Xp bonus, as well as a Silver bonus.

Here is Wargaming's response to my concern:

Dear 98whiteMC,

We will answer your two questions in the order presented.

1) No. There is no such official guide which breaks down the algorithm for XP calculation to the level of specificity that you desire (no algorithm can be provided to you, and the information on our Wiki is the most specific information available).
2) There is a small benefit to the team for increased damage dealt, however, in the case of one additional vehicle being destroyed, this bonus is exceedingly minor compared to the very large bonus provided for winning the match itself.

We hope this clears up any confusion.

If you need any additional assistance, please let us know.  

Best Regards,
Daniel Hewitt

Wargaming America Support