XVM Mod - Planned to add it? - Sideeffects?

Hello,

I just wanted to ask here, since it's quite obviously the place where aslain would notice first hand and maybe share some thoughts.

Since there is a "new" Ingame player statistics Modification created/modified by Monstrofil, and it's is therefore obvious that people are working on this.

I have a bad feeling about the sideefects this has for WoWs. I am talking about the possibility to hide your own stats and the amount of people that will do this, when and if this mod will become popular.

Easiest way to become widespread and popular is obviously, when it's added to Aslains Modpack. So Aslain himself has a big influence on hpow many players will actually use this.

What are the sideeffects I'm talking about?

Every Stats Website currently out there will become very unreliable and probably obsolete when it comes to avg Server data of ships and playerbase. Maplesyrup, WoWs-Stats , etc.

So instead of making Statistics more popular, I personally think this mod could actually kill every statistic, since I cannot compare myself to the top players anymore and see where I'm actually lacking. Of course this is a personal reason just for myself, but seeing the popularity in WoT e.g. I am not alone.

So just up for discussion and would be happy to get an opinion from Aslain

Last try from me to prevent something when it still can be prevented:

If this mod (ingame stats from players) spreads widely across the playerbase we will have the same effects we can see in WoT today. More harm than benifits.

There's only one big difference: You can hide your stats (which are the sole reason for this mod) in WOWs. What will happen?

It literally  forces a large amount of players to hide their stats making this mode obsolete in itself but will actually kill every reliable data we get from 3rd party websites along the way.

Leaving us in a state where we have to rely on information we get from WG regarding Server data to actually judge the state of ships and balance as a community.

Bad Trade.