Copyright notifications from certain mods

Just wanted to ask a quick question. There's a thread currently ongoing on reddit about Copyright notifications, specifically one that seems to be the result of installing the ship panel HP bars. It adds a copyright notification on the player's screen all the time whilst ingame.

Was this known about? Was it asked for by the mod creator? It just seems to be a little silly and could be a slippery slope to everyone doing it.

Surely while adding original code grants you ownership of the IP, you shouldn't need to stick it under everyone's nose for the whole actual ingame period of the game!

I'll be reinstalling Aslain's fantastic mod again as a fresh install, minus this particular mod. I want to play the game, not have my screen covered in intrusive copyright notifications. I hope the creator takes note. 

Bad news, my change bugged that swf, and it's causing bad issues, like preventing to enter a battle.

I hotfixed the installer (returned that copyright), and it's working again.

Verifying the same issue. Game loads and it will enter the loading screen but you cannot get into the game.