Blank screen and long delay from battle to garage

Whenever the battle ends (win/loss/exit) and I return to the garage, I get a blank screen for 15-20s before the "synchronizing garage" message appears. Even if I alt-Tab during this blank screen time, the computer makes me wait until the "synchronizing garage" message appears before it will switch apps.

Remove the mod, I get normal behavior. I believe its related to one of the new garage mods but I haven't been able to isolate it yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Clean install with only calculator and replay manager seemed to go back to the normal fast transition from battle to garage.

Now trying clean install with only crew/vehicle exp, calc, and replay mgr installed in the "other garage mods" section. Leaving out the quests mod and the text mod.

NOTE: I've tried manually deleting the mods folder and clearing the WOT cache. Attached is my config list of Aslains mod.

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

The delay is back. Seems that the Crew/Veh/Quests Extended mods are to blame. Installing again just to be sure. I suspect it may be related to the number of tanks/crews you have. I have about 40 different crews among 60 tanks.

I really like those extended mods but I think I'll keep them off for now.

Still love your mod Aslain. I can't believe WG is okay with the arty mod, its so unfair, lol. :)

• Administrator

Still love your mod Aslain. I can't believe WG is okay with the arty mod, its so unfair, lol. :)

More over they even think to add it as main/optional arty view in WoT :)

The author of the mods you checked asked for this:

1. delete old python.log

2. activate in mod config <Debug> True </Debug>

3. start game and do repeat bug.

4. create screenshots

5. create archive and add screenshots + python.log

6. send archive to me

I have this issue as well.  For now I have disabled all garage functions and the problem has stopped.  The long loading screen specifically started when the alt+1 option of viewing the quests was installed.  There is no option in the installer to turn off this option. so the only way to fix it is to turn off all garage mods. 

I installed OMC modpack after a couple of days of frustration, and it ran fine until they added the alt+1 option of viewing active quests to their modpack with no option not to use.  OMC then started having the same garage loading screen issue. 

I, of course am back to using Aslain since I prefer it and OMC is causing the same issue for me.  If at all possible is there a way we can get the option to disable this feature in the installer?  It is not linked to the automatic quest update choice since I never checked that one to begin with.   I prefer to see what my next quest is when I activate it.

Unfortunately, I am not computer literate enough to try to isolate the files or do debug, I would probably break the internet as a whole if I tried any of that stuff :)

I greatly appreciate anything that can be done.  I miss the ability to see how much xp I need until the next tank at a glance, and am looking forward to being able to use that function again.

Keep up the awesome work.

• Administrator

I have this issue as well.  For now I have disabled all garage functions and the problem has stopped.  The long loading screen specifically started when the alt+1 option of viewing the quests was installed.  There is no option in the installer to turn off this option. so the only way to fix it is to turn off all garage mods. 

I installed OMC modpack after a couple of days of frustration, and it ran fine until they added the alt+1 option of viewing active quests to their modpack with no option not to use.  OMC then started having the same garage loading screen issue. 

I, of course am back to using Aslain since I prefer it and OMC is causing the same issue for me.  If at all possible is there a way we can get the option to disable this feature in the installer?  It is not linked to the automatic quest update choice since I never checked that one to begin with.   I prefer to see what my next quest is when I activate it.

Unfortunately, I am not computer literate enough to try to isolate the files or do debug, I would probably break the internet as a whole if I tried any of that stuff :)

I greatly appreciate anything that can be done.  I miss the ability to see how much xp I need until the next tank at a glance, and am looking forward to being able to use that function again.

Keep up the awesome work.

Thank for your feedback :) Going to check it further....

As for temporary workaround is to use older mod version, without quests list. Which is probably not bugged.

• 1 month later...

After seeing in the official forums Spoter updated his garage mods to a new version, I reinstalled and checked the boxes for my much missed garage mods.

Things seem to be back to normal.  I am able to load back into garage without looking at a black screen for 30 seconds.

Maybe some of the others who were experiencing this problem can confirm it is fixed and you can do away with the warnings in the installer.

As always, love the mod pack.  Keep it up.