Unwritable python.log & xvm.log

After upgrading to _08 my game could not work properly for some reason. After a whole day of uninstalling/installing different versions... nothing helped. For some reason I had no logs. python.log and xvm.log were reset to size 0, creation date around 2000 and with no permissions for my current user. My WoT had no carousel, keyboard did not work, only captain visible .... etc. After fixing the permissions for these two files, game is working properly with the pack installed. It seems that the installer recreates these 2 files in a weird way when the checkbox is selected to delete them. Win 10, 1.7.2.1_08 pack.

Edited by sadjoker
  • Administrator

When you check the option to clean that two logs, the installer is overwritting the existing files with empty files bundled in the installer, but I will change it, and from the next modpack it will delete that files instead of overwritting, maybe will change something for you but still, that issue only exist on your pc probably due to some odd windows setup.