Bossbox.ru

• Administrator

bossbox.ru is part of the mod pack is there any reason why it needs to send info out as my malwarebytes blocks it from sending out (connecting to web) and I cannot see why would need to send data ?

I was checking it few days ago because it was suspicious to me too.

if you can check your outgoing packets, you will see it's checking for new version only, and receiving error 404 in response. 

It's from the new updater mod.

Hello,

I updated to 9.6, all went well.

Then, I got my latest Aslains, ver 4.2.16_96, and installed with my same mods as before.

When I started WoT, I get a pop-up that WorldOfTanks.exe is trying to access the site bossbox.ru.

This might be from one of the mods that is included, but that site is NOT part of WG from what I can tell, and it did NOT do this in the games I played right after the 9.6 update.  I verified on my laptop, after I install Aslain and the mods, this happened again.

Someone is trying to steal creds mosty likely, and I do NOT think it is Aslain, but one of the mods has gone haywire.

Dave

post-5108-0-95506100-1424748535_thumb.jp

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Everytime I start the game up I get a malicious websit called bossbox.ru being blocked by malwarebytes. I uninstalled the game and then redownloaded it and ran it without any mods and the problem went away. As soon as I reinstalled them with your installer like I've always done it was back again. Included is a screen shot of the warning I get.

post-1145-0-79705900-1425267285_thumb.pn

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

• Administrator

Okay thanks that makes me feel a little better about it.  Do you know which mod it's coming from or is it just the installer itself. Maybe I could just not install that mod?

Search for "Update checker for Aslain's XVM ModPack" on the list.

Clean install and when the game client starts my MalwareBytes blocks bossbox.ru  I have been using your mod pack for wuite some time and never had an issue with spam, spyware or malware. From what I ahve found out on the net is that it relates to a pop-up box informing you about an out dated mod. If this is true why would MalwareBytes have it on it's malicious list.

TD

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Spoken to the guy

[10:56:05] Tom: Hi BossBox, I was wondering could you remove bossbox.ru checking from the mod, or give option to disable it? bossbox.ru was reported as malicious page and some anti-vir software is giving warnings....
[11:13:05] BossBox: Сервер bossbox автор BossBox, вопросов нету.
[13:35:20] BossBox: Ты в курсе что через Python можно компьютер выключить или установить любую программу, а ты тут какой то кипишь из-за сервера сайта подымаешь.
[13:38:00 | Edited 13:38:08] Tom: Мне было просто интересно, если бы можно было отключить соединение с bossbox.ru, потому что, согласно сообщениям, содержащих вирусы или трояны
[13:39:20 | Edited 13:39:34] BossBox: Какие вирусы, чего ты фигню пишешь, установи ты не тот скрипт для игры, тебя ни один антивирус не спасет, а ты тут из-за какого сервера тревогу подымаешь
[13:39:28] Tom: Я знаю, что это место хорошо, но интернет объявлен опасным
[13:39:53] BossBox: PMOD стоит?
[13:40:10] BossBox: Удаляй смело, он сделает с твоим профилем все что угодно, Полный доступ.
[13:41:12] Tom: Я не знаю, как подключить ни к чему PMODE, никто не вызвался, я просто хочу, чтобы помочь
[13:42:27] BossBox: 195.*.90.* (edited by Aslain)
[13:43:44] Tom: my ip
[13:44:02] BossBox: Ну так чего ты мне тут про вирусы пишешь.
[13:45:22] BossBox: Если не знаешь о чем пишешь, так лучше не устанавливай ничего.
[13:46:08] Tom: Listen pal, it seems you don't understand anything I'm telling you... This is pointless to continue it like that.
[13:47:06] BossBox: Self-education loans. Before writing unproven arguments.
[13:47:13] BossBox: Самообразованием займитесь. Прежде чем писать недоказанные доводы.
[13:48:05] Tom: I am IT guy, I'm educated, it's just you not understanding what I am trying to tell you
[13:48:40] Tom: I am not telling you there are viruses, it's users of your mod and antivir software reporting your website as malicious
[13:48:47] BossBox: I understand what you are asking, you have a bad education, since you are asking me questions.
[13:49:29] Tom: Not you are not, otherwise you would not saying this. Oh well good luck with your mod then. CU
[13:51:00 | Edited 13:51:22] BossBox: antivir software reporting your website as malicious
screenshot *
[13:51:56] Tom: Too bad I do not know russian, to explain you it better :(
[13:52:34 | Edited 13:52:38] BossBox: Show me screenshot
[13:52:50] BossBox: antivir software reporting your website as malicious
[13:54:50] BossBox: Удачи IT специалист.
[13:56:06] BossBox: Значит удаляй его.
[13:57:08] BossBox: Домен припаркован на http://www.radiushost.ru/ , я не знаю может данный провайдер у вас в блокировке
[13:57:50] Tom: Yes that's possible, your hosting server might be reported and you are victim of it
[14:00:58] BossBox: u from NA server?
[14:01:18] Tom: I play on EU server
[14:02:36] Tom: Very well, wish you good luck with mod, see you
[14:02:49 | Edited 14:02:53] BossBox: Если принципиально соединение с сервером, просто заблокируйте его, модификация не пострадает

So you see now, how hard is to communicate with him. From what I understand he suggested better IT education to me, hilarious.