(Fixed) Incorrect order of graphics in small tank carousel

When selecting tanks to be "primary", the orange slash (at the bottom right) is in front of the text. It should be behind the text.

Is this an easy fix? Basically change the order in which the graphics are overlaid?

Included is an example of the current XVM small tank display.575976231_slashovertext.png.5dfa08d45b082d92c6e989f6f79151e1.png

• Administrator

Yes, this forum isn't XVM creators forums. They took their forums down when the russian invasion started on Ukraine, so there is no way to post bug reports to them.

As for your issue, it would help if you post logs, see my signature.

Fiddled with this a bit, and can't find a way to affect the order of graphics.

My fix has been to change the "favorite" alpha value in "carouselSmall.xc" from 100 to 50. Part of the tank name has a slight orange tint, but at least I can now read it.

Here are examples of vanilla small carousel and half-alpha slash mark with mod.

favorite-2.png

favorite-3.png

Edited by Mr_Ekshin
Adding words to make statement more clear.
  • 11 months later...

BUMP, because now SOLVED on my end.

"HEKPOMAHT" (necromant, for English speakers) on the XVM forums supplied the solution. The solution is to tweak the configuration file for the modpack.

In the carouselSmall.xc file, add the line "layer": "top" into the section for "Vehicle name".

Here is the updated vehicle name section:

// Vehicle name
      // Название танка
      { 
        "enabled": true,
        "layer": "top",
        "x": 159, "y": 14, "align": "right",
        "format": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='15' color='{{v.premium?#FFA759|#C8C8B5}}'>{{v.name}}</font>",
        "shadow": { "$ref": { "path": "def.textFieldShadow" }, "color": "{{v.premium?0xFC3700|0xC8C8B5}}", "alpha": "{{v.premium?85|35}}", "blur": "{{v.premium?10|8}}" }
      },

Until it's fixed, others with this issue can put this file into the "Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods" folder.

1. add file.

2. run modpack installer.

3. next -> next -> next etc... change nothing.

4. done.

I'll mark this topic "solved" when It's addressed and I'm told to. 🙂

favoriteSlashLayerFix.7z

• Like 1
  • Mr_Ekshin changed the title to (Update BUMP) Incorrect order of graphics in small tank carousel

Included is a log.

The original problem, again, is this: When choosing to use the small carousel cells, the orange slash for a "favorite" tank is over the "vehicle name" text.

Aslain's mod makes them look like this: at8sbqx.png (notice that you cannot see the "8" in the "AT 8" name).

The small cells should look like THIS: XZu3Wi1.png

To make the text OVER the orange slash, the line "layer": "top" needs to be added to the "carouselSmall.xc" file, in the section for "Vehicle_name". Without that line, the small carousel cells are bad. I hope that you will be able to see the difference.

The solution is (us) to either add a custom mod, or (you) add the line into the original mod (in the "carouselSmall.xc" file).

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Mr_Ekshin
make images display
  • Administrator

Yeah, I understood the problem, and I know the solution, the thing was I couldn't reproduce it in my modpac, that's why I needed logs 🙂You know the modpack is pretty big, that's why I needed the exact configuration you are using to track this down.

So I installed the very same mods and the problem is not there.

image.png.d0b125c6d6405b26000b4c404db10970.png

The top value is also present in carousel files.... so I don't know, maybe you are installing something else, or using outdated custom mods.

// Vehicle name
      // Название танка
      { 
        "enabled": true,
        "x": 159, "y": 14, "align": "right", "layer": "top",
        "format": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='15' color='{{v.premium?#FFA759|#C8C8B5}}'>{{v.name}}</font>",
        "shadow": { "$ref": { "path": "def.textFieldShadow" }, "color": "{{v.premium?0xFC3700|0xC8C8B5}}", "alpha": "{{v.premium?85|35}}", "blur": "{{v.premium?10|8}}" }
      },

That is crazy. I understand, but it makes no sense. 😮

I'm also stumped at why the formatting for my 'carouselSmall.xc' is so different. Something weird is happening.

I will remove custom mods and maybe everything else until I figure out what the cause is. Thank you for your help.

• Mr_Ekshin changed the title to (Fixed) Incorrect order of graphics in small tank carousel

Current 'carouselSmall.xc' is different than the snapshot version I've had since I noticed the problem 11 months ago.

This was fixed at some point in that time. I was not aware of this.

At least it's fixed.

Edited by Mr_Ekshin
  • Upvote 1