Ingame "Large Advanced player's panel" missing tier

Go to solution Solved by Aslain,

Since 1.20.1 my ingame panel (Aslain - Large Advanced player's panel) no longer displays the tank tier.

There's a second question here which is I'm also sure it used to display the tank type name e.g. Cobra, Tiger, 279(e), like the default xvm/advanced panels display but the selection shot doesn't show that so I don't know if there used to be another option that's removed?

I've gone through the settings and can't find any option remaining that displays both those or adds the tier though.

Have I messed up a setting somewhere, or has something else changed?

Attached is a screenshot with the selection showing tier, my ingame screenshot showing neither tier nor tank type name, and the logfiles. Thanks!

WhatIsee.png

Screenshot 2023-05-05 003936.png

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Thanks - I do have that set. I'll try running without mods and see what happens.

Yes, tried without mods and the tier (e.g. x) does show. So it's something in the mods that is removing, or not applying that setting.

Was there another large panel option that included the tank name e.g. cobra as well as the full statistics before? As I'm sure I had that.

Edited by odna

Thanks, that explained what enabled the display of tier and tank type name before... except how come they are no longer being displayed, per my first screenshot? i.e. pre 1.20.1 it displayed the advanced stats, plus the contour icon including tank name and tier. Now those icons are missing despite being selected.

Missing icons.png

Edited by odna
  • Administrator

I had to make it that way because people are people and they often have no clue that there is Tier checkbox in the game options. So when someone is instaling contour icons that has painted tier on them + XVM, the game option is disabled, and there is no way to enable it, unless you change to different contour icons, or don't install contour icons, or install contour icons without painted tier, or manually make edits to XVM config files:

res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_large.xc
res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_medium.xc
res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_medium2.xc
res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_short.xc

"vehicleLevelAlpha": 0,

to

"vehicleLevelAlpha": 100,

Sorry, I may have been unclear.

Is there a way to get it working like it used to, with the Contour icon in addition to the Advanced stats. As the options I selected used to enable this.

I tried editing the xc file as you suggested but that only added the tier rather than the contour icon.

HowItUsedTo Appear.png

• Administrator
  • Solution

OK. So what do you see instead? Game default icons?

When I install that icons, I can see them properly in the battle. I think you have either corrupted download or antivirus blocked something. If it's the first case, delete: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_ASIA\Aslain_Modpack\DL_cache\Aslains_contour_icons_roman_TIM_1.20.1.0.7z and reinstall the modpack.

That fixed it  - thank you!

I recall an error where a file timed out when being installed and wouldn't download. Thought it fixed itself when I downloaded later. Will send a little something your way shortly.

• Like 1