Cruise control

Go to solution Solved by Aslain,

Thanks, the speed control is back where it needs to be. Cant imagine *anyone* ever wanting it hidden behind a their speedboost, but I understand this is not professional software.

I really want my compass back down there too. To call these checkboxes and your app user friendly would be a massive overstatement.

The reason I have movable UI checked was because the description depicted the HP bar to be draggable. I dont know why using that module would then move the speed control to the middle UNDER other UI elements.

Anyway, attached my last problem, hopefully its an easy fix too.

2023-11-07 07_36_02-World of Warships.png

• Administrator

This has nothing to do with whether it's professional software or not. This feature was requested, which is why it's included in the modpack. It's not a bug, but rather a feature 🙂

You may have misunderstood the purpose of this option. It does not allow manual dragging of elements using your mouse. Instead, it specifically mentions that if you want to reposition the ship's HP bar, you should install a separate mod for that purpose. This is because it was designed as part of a larger concept: to align the UI elements with their positions (like you see in the the preview window of the installer) and then manually adjust the ship's HP bar location after installing a completely different mod, the Advanced HP bar indicator.

4 hours ago, Aslain said:

This has nothing to do with whether it's professional software or not. This feature was requested, which is why it's included in the modpack. It's not a bug, but rather a feature 🙂

You may have misunderstood the purpose of this option. It does not allow manual dragging of elements using your mouse. Instead, it specifically mentions that if you want to reposition the ship's HP bar, you should install a separate mod for that purpose. This is because it was designed as part of a larger concept: to align the UI elements with their positions (like you see in the the preview window of the installer) and then manually adjust the ship's HP bar location after installing a completely different mod, the Advanced HP bar indicator.

Thanks for including that smiley face, you're a man  of your trade.

Now how do I get this compass rose back in its corner please?

2023-11-07 19_34_31-Window.png

• Administrator

Checked your screenshots, you have the compass moved to the center because this option is selected (at least it's in your logs).

image.thumb.png.4f664676144e4dcbb0c121a1b3a04d95.png

If you only want to have a draggable ship hp bar, install Advanced HP bar indicator (which you do, according to your logs).

Just for reference, this is option #02 in the gui elements branch, as you see on mod preview from the installer, it tells to move install it and drag it there manually, but it's only for the people who want to have that elements just like it can be seen on the mod preview:

image.thumb.png.113ff90216a34b1923a244fcfd4fb948.png

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Yeah, I know. I apologize for this. Some descriptions were made a long time ago, and they differ in style—sometimes brief, sometimes detailed. This inconsistency may cause confusion. Keep in mind that the majority of mod descriptions come from their original authors. I sometimes make corrections or rewrite them entirely. However, it's just me handling this, and doing everything alone can be challenging. Moreover, English is not my native language, as you know. 🙂