Microsoft Defender detects virus Win32/Wacapew.C!ml

Hi Aslain,

when I try downloading Version 06 of the Modpack I am being blocked by Microsofts Defender telling me there is a virus Win32/Wacapew.C!ml in the download file.

I am using you modpack for a couple of years now and this is the first time I receive such message.

I am concerned downloading your mod now.

Edited by Pain_Hub
  • Administrator

v1.23.1.0 #24 (03-03-2024):
- Added the Player Panels branch and moved few non-xvm player panels mods there, due to this select them again [Friends Marker, Player Panels Pro, Spotted Markers PMOD]
- Added Player Panel with HP Bars by OldSkool
- Added Spotted Status: OldSkool
- Added 12 sec option to Duration of Sixth Sense Icon Display
- Updated Crew Voice Overrider [added new voiceovers; by Quaksen]
- Info: Since a couple weeks people who use Microsoft Defender, as well as other security mechanisms relying on signature databases, may encounter a warning message about malicious software during downloading/running of the modpack. I want to clarify that this is a false positive. The modpack is entirely safe, and the issue has been reported to Microsoft for resolution on their end. In the meantime, if you face such problems, consider updating your Defender's signature database or temporarily disabling it during the modpack installation. This is not the modpack's fault.

The virus is a lie. Your antivirus is hallucinating