Received Damage Announcer

I liked Received Damage Announcer only for the announcements of friendly hit.  "Hey 704, you just hit me for 600HP, watch your fire!".  The thing I didn't like about it was the chat spam for every hit.  (Thats what I use the damage log for).  For the longest time I just put an edited vehicle_damage.json in my Aslain's Custom Mods folder that would disable the chat spam.  Since a few patches ago, vehicle_damge.json is no longer installed by the mod pack, and now I don't know how to turn the chat spam off.

Anyone know how to deal with this?

• Administrator

I recently updated RDA, and this is in their default config, will turn this off in next modpack as it was unwanted change.\

Edit res_mods\vehicle_damage.json

"team_announce": {
        "enabled": true,

change to false

Actually, its the Team_Announce part that I want to enable.  Thats the part that tells my team I've been hit by a friendly.  It's the hit_message spam "given" and "received" that I (and I think most other users with their own hitlog and dmg log) want to turn off.

For other users on this board, here is the config that works for me.  Just place it in Aslains_Custom_mods folder for auto install or extract the file to your res_mods folder.

{
"debug": false,
"show_unspotted": true,
"hit_message": {
"spectator": false,
"given": {
"enabled": false,
"format": "~ {{user}}({{tank_short}} {{cur_health}}/{{max_health}}) vs {{defender_user}}({{defender_tank_short}} {{defender_cur_health}}/{{defender_max_health}}) ~: {{damage}}",
"bounce": {
"format": "~ {{user}}({{tank_short}} {{cur_health}}/{{max_health}}) vs {{defender_user}}({{defender_tank_short}} {{defender_cur_health}}/{{defender_max_health}}) ~: {{damage}}"
}
},
"received": {
"format": "~ {{user}}({{tank_short}} [{{vehicle_type}}]) ~: {{damage}}{{burst}}({{shell_type}}{{if_shell_gold}}‘{{endif}}) q: {{shot_delay}}",
"bounce": {
"format": "~ {{user}}({{tank_short}} [{{vehicle_type}}]) {{shell_type}}{{if_shell_gold}}‘{{endif}} q: {{shot_delay}}"
}
},
"burst_aggregate": {
"format": " in {{burst_length}} hits "
}
},
"team_announce": {
"enabled": true,
"min_damage": 25,
"format": "{{user}} ({{tank_long}}), please watch your fire! You just hit me for {{damage}}HP."
},
"SPG_announce" : {
"enabled" : true,
"format": "I was shot by arty! Enemy {{tank_short}} is now realoding for {{shot_delay}}"
},
"color": {
"shell": {
"ap": "#FFBF00",
"apcr": "#FFBF00",
"he": "#FFBF00",
"heat": "#FFBF00"
},
"vehicle_type": {
"light_tank": "#FF00FF",
"medium_tank": "#01DFA5",
"heavy_tank": "#01DFA5",