WHATS THE BEST ARTY MODS

WW_2015

I did not see this post until now...a bit late..sorry.

Here are my favorite mods etc.

Battle Assistant- this is probably the "aim assist mod" mentioned above.  It gives your strategic view a different perspective.  It does not provide any information that the normal strategic view gives, but I like it a lot when I am on a city map as it aids me in aiming over and between buildings.  Basically I just like the view it gives.  I can not hit anything with it that I could not hit without it.

XVM Minimap settings:  especially the "enable minimap zoom on button"-  when I press and hold the left control button, the mini map is enlarged and in the center of the screen.  Now it is much easier for me to right click on a target on the map and when I release the left control key, my arty will automatically rotate the hull and aim on that spot on the map.  It saves a lot of aiming time.  But, if you are playing counter arty, it will block your view and make seeing tracers almost impossible.  Other settings are recommended such as "Show 500m maximum drawing distance square".  If the enemy tank is outside this distance, he is no threat to me at all, he can not see me to aim even if I have been spotted...except for enemy arty of course.  The 445m maximum detection range circle is useful for much the same reasons as the 500m square

Under 6th sense settings, I use the Yellow Bulb as it is larger and easier to see than the default icon.  I also have the "Display 6th sense icon for 9 seconds" just to make sure that I see the icon before it disappears.  I have been so focused on the mini map  and aiming at a target in the past that I did not see the warning.

AutoAim Indication +   I use this for the "snap to" function" that it provides.  You do not have to place the aiming cursor directly on the target in order for it to lock in.  Arty aim time, hull rotation etc is so slow that any help in aiming at that zippy light/medium tank that has found your hideout may save you. Usually it does not.

Crosshairs.  These are not necessary, but I currently use J1mB='s Aim Circle with ProArty SPG crosshair.  I am also a fan of Sword of Damocles. 

Safe shot-  I block shooting at wrecks and allies for 2 seconds.  Shooting at wrecks because I do not want to waste over 40 seconds of reload time on a dead tank because I shot it with my CGC.  I also do not want to accidentally shoot an ally tank with my CGC if at all possible.  Tanks will race into a target right before you pull the trigger.  This does not really help at long distances, but in up close fighting it makes a difference.  Safety first.

SpotMessanger-  I have all options selected.  The send to team chat is not a problem because as an arty you are not spotted a lot...except for maybe Bert or Bishop.  But in the other long range artys, letting your team know that you have been spotted will help them to locate an enemy tank at the end of the battle.

Skins of destroyed vehicles (White)  this makes it easier to focus your aim on the enemy tank when it is hiding behind a dead tank.

I use other things in the modpack, but they are only for aesthetic purposes and do not really offer anything super important in the battle

Edited by bkc1965