Not getting as many clan icons as I expect

I asked in Shoutcast and was reminded by Aslain that the number of clan icons displayed is controlled from modxvm.com, so I went there to check what I had. Was set for 500, which should include my own clan (77ARC is rated 455th on NA).

On modxvm, logged in via WG ID, I found it surprising that I had the option to 'Activate Services' because they were already activated... do it again anyway.

Just to be sure, change the number of clans from 500 to 1000 (max), and 'Update Services' too.

Run game (game was closed while above actions taken). Still not getting many clan icons on the Player Panels.

HMMMM, OK, was running Aslain's 9.12.5 and 9.12.7 is latest, grab it.

'Clean install' and 'Clear cache and reset game settings'.

Still only getting a few clan icons. Not getting 77ARC and, fer instance, TOTEM was in the battle and theirs didn't show either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Aslain

having a 'hard time' on this one... http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/28388-not-getting-as-many-clan-icons-on-the-player-panel-as-i-expect/

Do you know whether it is possible to include icons for clans that 'don't meet MODXVM criteria' (have a lower level of activity on the Global Map than MODXVM recently decided as being necessary for clan icons to be displayed)?

If so, would it be possible to include these 'additional clan icons' in your modpak?

AT LEAST for any clan that is rated _reasonably_ in Wargaming's 'clan rating' (which is an 'overall' rating and not tied to 'activity on the Global Map').

Hey Aslain...

Speaking to a friend who uses OMC mod pack, and he suggests they are still using the 'icon download file' (eg. FULL NA).

Please consider modifying your own pack installer to allow

1. icon choice via MODXVM settings, vs
  2. icon download for full server (NA/EU/SEA/whatever)

either that or...

it would seem possible (from the perspective of someone who KNOWS NOTHING about mod implementation) to adjust the code to ignore the wGM 'limitation' (imposed by MODXVM), download the icons at battle time using same process.

Edited by SuperGumbyAU