Won't load, weird issue

WHen I tried to load the latest mod pack (21) I got this:

RUNTIME ERROR (at-1:0):

dll:<utf8>C:\users\tom\appdata\local\temp\is-d2PBR.tmp\psvince.dll

The part where it shows "is-d2PBR.tmp" changes with every attempt but is always similar.

Any guesses at what is going on?

Tom

You were correct.  When I turned off Panda, my antivirus program, it loaded fine.

However, I have no idea why this happened.  I have been using your mod pack and Panda a LONG time and this never happened before.  Strange stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion, I would not have stumbled across it because Panda and your pack never had a conflict before.

Tom

• Administrator

That .dll file is always the same, so no idea why it suddenly triggered that antivirus. You would have to ask Panda support. Maybe that app is scanning .exe with heuristic method and block everything no matter what if something is found (even false-positive), so that dll is just a victim.

All is well now, thanks again for the help.

GREAT mod pack BTW.

Tom

PS:  If you know of any mod that keeps the "You've Been Spotted" light on for the entire time you are spotted, it would be nice.  The current "Spotted" mods all turn off after 10 seconds even if you continue to be spotted.

Edited by fire_666
  • Upvote 1
  • Administrator

All is well now, thanks again for the help.

GREAT mod pack BTW.

Tom

PS:  If you know of any mod that keeps the "You've Been Spotted" light on for the entire time you are spotted, it would be nice.  The current "Spotted" mods all turn off after 10 seconds even if you continue to be spotted.

In modpack you have two options, select the one suits you:

r91Jr8q.jpg

There is no mod that can accurately tell you for how long you are spotted.