v3.9.6 hangs on the last screen "finishing installation"

after several attemps since yesterday, I finally reinstalled both the game and your mod but it is still hanging on the last screen "finishing installation". I tried to reduce the number of mods but no change.

Here is the installation complist log, french version.

If I kill the .tmp*32 process and I start the game, it seems that mods are OK (I did not try a battle) but I got this "modpack by aslain is outdated (v3.1.1)" which makes me believe installation is not complete (even after a fresh install of both game and modpack)

Maybe you can try to reproduce ?

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

post-1712-0-18781000-1411833458_thumb.pn

Aslain, I found out what was the problem.

My Windows 7 (where I install your modpack) is configured with a samba share on a linux machine (with a firewall on it too). I saw that my Windows machine was trying to contact the linux machine via Netbios when running p.exe. I opened the port TCP/139 on my linux firewall and ... p.exe was not lagging as before !

For some reason, p.exe is probably running a function for disk access which is also trying to see all drives ? I dunno.

but it's working fine now !

• Administrator

Aslain, I found out what was the problem.

My Windows 7 (where I install your modpack) is configured with a samba share on a linux machine (with a firewall on it too). I saw that my Windows machine was trying to contact the linux machine via Netbios when running p.exe. I opened the port TCP/139 on my linux firewall and ... p.exe was not lagging as before !

For some reason, p.exe is probably running a function for disk access which is also trying to see all drives ? I dunno.

but it's working fine now !

Thanks for this info! Good investigation, I may try to look for a different patcher, but this is a nasty bugger, it was hard enough find this one, and make it work on all systems.

• Upvote 1