XVM, Carousel, hitlogs, & others

So earlier today I updated the mod pack to 3.9.11 from 3.9.5 (which was more or less working fine). After update XVM loading and panel stopped working entirely, the carousel which I setup to have 3 rows only has one and none of the other options I selected other than showing the options on the left side of it, I had pings to be shown which are not being shown. I'm sure there are other problems that I just havent fully noticed yet. Even after updating to 3.9.12  these problems are persisting.

edit: here is the carousel.xc in a rar after testing modifying the carousel file from your Aslains_XVM_Mod_v.3.9.10_93_v1.zip to have multilined and then reinstalling from the mod pack to see the differences again oops shoulda backed it up before overwriting.

post-1815-0-68594700-1412105086_thumb.jp

post-1815-0-90689000-1412105121_thumb.jp

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

carousel.rar

Take your time. I am a programmer myself and I can appreciate the time and effort it takes to do anything of this scope. I was able to get some of the issues resolved to my liking by entering a battle to find what file was causing an issue drag and drop replace the bad file from your zip file, alt f4 the game, restart the game and read the battle load screen for any other issues, and finally got it working somewhat to my liking through another friends install of the mod. Not sure why my computer is corrupting the files during the install this version of the game. The wierdest part about it is that I had one of the files open in notepad++ during an install and when it popped reload file prompt due to a change everything showed fine but then as soon as the installer finished and i would reload again at prompt it would show as corrupted.

I apologize for my grammar I sometimes rush my typing.

Most of the issues have been resolved however as seen with the screen shot attached that file is also corrupting on install thankfully this time i remembered to back up the config folder and was able to copy a working file over to resolve the issue. It seems that any file that contains russian characters is becoming corrupted.

post-1815-0-31896600-1412256515_thumb.jp

Might be a long shot but are you using different keyboard settings at times (Asian keyboard layout on an English version of windows, or something along that line)?

If not, then disregard.

If you do though, try to run the installer when the keyboard setting is set to English.

Honestly I didnt even think of that as its never been an issue before. I normally run in Japanese locale settings minus formatting. I'll try that on my next update.

Oki.

I guess you will post again, when the issue still persists but please give a feeback as well, if the issue can be resolved with this.

Just so the thread can be marked as solved and for future reference.

So all the issues are due to locale encoding issues. I was set to japanese locale and switching back to english fixed the problem. I'm thinking what the problem is that when the installer extracts whatever extraction program is used is unable to decompress with the proper language encoding.

• Upvote 1

So all the issues are due to locale encoding issues. I was set to japanese locale and switching back to english fixed the problem. I'm thinking what the problem is that when the installer extracts whatever extraction program is used is unable to decompress with the proper language encoding.

I had the exact same issue. The installer would complete, but the installed components were either broken or wrong. Changing back to English locale fixed what was broken.

It just gets annoying having to switch back and forth since it requires a restart on the system. One way around that is to just backup the config folder for new installs unless something major changes in the configs.

Edit: On the next install of an update I'll try running the modpack installer with applocale to see if that will help instead of having to reset back to english locale every time ill update when that happens