Can't go into battle

I've tried many several different combinations and can't seem to detect which mod is causing the issue, but when I enter a battle the count-down runs down to zero, I can hear sounds like torps loading, main guns ready, etc. But I can not enter the battle screen.

I included a screen shot showing the battle has been going on, the enemy only has 3 ships left adn I am still waiting to get in.

https://postimg.cc/B86WGP8Y

mod ss.jpg

Edited by slambe
  • Administrator

I'm unable to reproduce it with your mod setup. I load to battle like always either in real battles and replays.

There is a chance that your preferences.xml got corrupted, and some mods are saving there. Please secure/backup this file, and delete the original one, then start the battle. It will reset all game settings and mod settings, but maybe will fix your issue.

This as been going on for a while. Before After the latest updates I reinstalled the latest mods-download and this happened. I tried a few things and nothing worked, so I reinstalled the game completely and then reinstalled Aslains completely and yet it still happens. I did a google search and found someone described the problem exactly the same, except his was 2017 and no one ever came back with a fix that I could see.

When you say; "secure/backup this file, and delete the original one" Which file are you speaking of? Where can I find it and exactly how do I delete the original one? Are you speaking of "preferences.xmll?"? Where do I find "preferences.xml" Is that a mod file or a WoW file? How do I delete it and how do I restore or get a new one? Being I already uninstalled and reinstalled the entire World of Warships game and the problem persists, I don't think it's a file of theirs.

preferences.xml

Edited by slambe
  • Administrator

preferences.xml is located in root directory where the game is installed. Just move it to different place and start the game, but if you reinstalled the whole game it should probably reset that file as well, hard to tell. 

I moved the preferences.xml file to a "New Folder" on Desk Top and started the game. Went into a co-op battle....same situation. Battle started adn I am left outside staring at a spinning anchor.

• Administrator

Odd. If you like to and have time, you can remove mods one by one, and at some point you should be able to load in.

I don't know why you have the problem, on my PC I can use same mods without any issues.

I started to do that before I came here. I had zero mods and everything works fine. I put in one mod - Side Panels by Roslich - and it failed. I went back out and removed that and put in Custom Shells, Smoke, Info Panel, Ping-O-Meter, Score Timer - Failed again.

I uninstalled mods using Windows system. I will try once again to download and start a new.

*FIXED* - Seems either Malware Bites or McAfee was stopping something. I uninstalled McAfee adn turned off Malware Bites, and.... TADA

Edited by slambe