Norton blocking install for v10.7.1_05

Hi, I've been running Aslain Mod Pack for a couple of years without a problem. During this time I've always had Norton Security installed.
I just tried to install the latest version and for some reason Norton won't allow me to install. It keeps giving me warnings about overwriting files in the WOWS folder. This has never happened before. I tried suspending the real time scan and the firewall but that didn't help. 

I've tried everything with no success. Does anyone have any suggestions? At the moment I'm out of solutions. I really like this mod pack and would prefer to keep using it. 

aslain.PNG

Hi,

I finally resolved the issue. If anyone else encounters the same thing do the following:  In the Norton Popup "Suspicious Action Blocked" click "view details".

Next , on the next window click Unblock Action (on the right side) and OK . That seemed to do the trick. Looks like the newest version of Norton is the culprit 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

The "Unblock this Action" is no longer there.. Looking into it... If you want to download the Mod in my case I had to open the Norton Main page in PC App, click settings in the topish right, click Antivirus go to Data Protector and turn that off.. Seems odd to have to go through all that but Antivirus's are anal when it comes to newer/ not well known files

Edited by AwfulGrimReaper
Update