Latest version installation issue

Go to solution Solved by Kepos,

Hi Aslain,

I got a strange installation issue, where I do not know what to do or what path to choose. 

It requests PNG or DDS files to operate, but I do not know which mod is requesting and also no idea where to point. 

The rest of the mods I've chosen from your modpack work fantastic. I do not see any high quality tank models in carusel and do not get golden premium tanks there. So I guess that installation is causing it. 

After 'x' that window away the installation finishes. 

Running your installer on Linux under Wine, as well as the whole game. No other issues or problems with paths recorded. I was only requested to point on the covered C-drive installation path of the game and your installer remembers it. 

Thx for your great work. 

Cheers! 

2022_810.png

• 4 months later...

Thx for looking into this @angulion

Well, I have to do a mod re-install to try, but probably I can find the raw snapshot. Otherwise it might take a few hours until I could start re-install. I'll keep you informed. 

Yes, it requests something about atlas png's and such. 

Yes, using Arch Linux ( Garuda with Cinnamon DE ) with World of Tanks using Lutris/Wine, so I can use different Proton versions. 

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Aslain:

CCAtlas is used in your case to install Colored Minimap Coordinates, you can always resign from this particular mod if the installation is not working on your linux.

Not sure if I use colored minimap coordinates. Is it that mod to show best spots on the map for TD, SCOUT, ARTY? Well, that one is actually working. 

UPDATE: Ah...you mean the real coordinates at the side of the map...yeah, they are not working. Thx. 

I though the Atlas stuff may influence the in-game tank icons for friends and enemys or the caroussel tank icons, as them aren't working for me. 

vor 27 Minuten schrieb angulion:

Pic is good.. unfortunately I never used that and have a hard time giving advice. 

No problem, I'm lucky to have one to discuss about. Probably someone else has an idea ... like @Aslain already did. 

So, still wondering why all those fancy tank icons aren't working for me. 

Edited by Kepos
  • Administrator
34 minutes ago, Kepos said:

Not sure if I use colored minimap coordinates. Is it that mod to show best spots on the map for TD, SCOUT, ARTY? Well, that one is actually working. 

UPDATE: Ah...you mean the real coordinates at the side of the map...yeah, they are not working. Thx. 

I though the Atlas stuff may influence the in-game tank icons for friends and enemys or the caroussel tank icons, as them aren't working for me. 

No problem, I'm lucky to have one to discuss about. Probably someone else has an idea ... like @Aslain already did. 

So, still wondering why all those fancy tank icons aren't working for me. 

You are installing this. More visible minimap coordinates: v2

minimap_color_v2.jpg

• Upvote 1
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Aslain:

You are installing this. More visible minimap coordinates: v2

minimap_color_v2.jpg

Yes, exactly, but it is working even with the Atlas issue.

Thx the explanation. 

First I tried the other one with the different letter colors. 

• Solution

Just an update about this thread related toward 'gun engine and sound mod' thread, where the solution is to be found. 

One using Lutris/Wine has to install the Aslain modpack exe from within the container, where the game-files are located. 

Writing that link down is also the path to the solution for this issue. 

Thx a lot @Aslain and @angulion for helping me out solving this issue. Great modpack and excellent support even for the small Linux party!

• Upvote 1