Gun reload sound "bell" in installer installs wrong sound "click" instead.

Under Other XVM Settings in installer, I choose Gun Reload Sound: "Bell" and installs the "Click" sound instead fairly minor I know but I only like the one bell sound and been using it awhile but after this latest installer update it just let me install the bell and super annoying. everything else works fine for me though and really like the included mods and installer thanks for your work and hope I can get the bell sound back soon. I tried redownloading installer, completely wiped and redownloading game files and tried to install 5 times but always wrong sound, pretty sure something is bugged with that option.

I'm not sure how it could be local as everything was completely reset after it stopped working it right and has been working fine for the last ton of updates as I just redownload installer from WGMods every update but only started after this 1.17.1.3 update and tried reinstalling multiple times with fresh download of installer and game each time. I used the included archiver and added the logs if that's what you need. I've been using the same mod selection every time too all other mods both install and work fine just that one sound adds the wrong one so not sure myself.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

that is also the exact option I choose but adds the click not bell.

Screenshot (6).png

yeah it kept saying no client found no matter what, tried every single folder but should have been C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Tanks\na but no client still and also wanted a backup of mods selection so added to new folder and copied to game after, the other mod pack on WGMods had the same problem with exe not found except that one wouldn't let me install anyway this one did so just stuck with this pack as i could just move it after and backup without mixing anything up, but's it's in the right location now I assure you lol

• Administrator

Also noticed you didn't install with clean install, which is a must in majority of cases unless you really know what you are doing, but then you cannot ask for support 😉

What do you have in res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\sounds.xc at line 82?

It should be:       "xvm_gunReloaded": "Play_Bell",

I have installed same mods as you have in the logs, and I have the bell sound.

the game was completely deleted and reinstalled before running it so technically it was already a clean install. cannot ask for support if I don't select clean install or do? I don't see how it should matter if you are starting over from default every time but anyway if anyone has that issue with bell or knows how to fix it let me know otherwise I'm giving up as all I can do is completely delete and reinstall and after doing 5 times spending 20+ minutes selecting desired mods each time I'm not going to try keep trying, maybe the next game update will work again who knows, it's 1 little thing anyway just none of the other reload sounds are any good. also tried reinstalling with only that one mod and still did the same thing, I didn't know what those logs were but was just looking at it and says the bell did install or was selected but not the sound that plays in game, I'm sure it's just a tiny little glitch but not sure why or how it could be on my end.

Edited by MxmOvrDrv
  • Administrator

What I can tell for sure it's not a bug in the installer, it happens on your end only, you should try to install to the actual location where your WoT steam client is installed, you should also check the box for removing old mods, otherwise expect problems. It's also advised to install and play as an admin, and to not have spaces and special characters in the path to the game files. Good luck 🙂 And check my previous message.

yeah that's what it says, sadly when I seen your edit I thought that might be the fix but everything looks right, not even sure how it's possible now after seeing that just double checked mods and that file and everything says the bell and was just playing game and it's the click but I'm just done, I'll just wait for another update and see if anything changes. it's not big deal just thought I could figure it out but even more lost now so i'm just going to forget it.

Screenshot (7).png

Edited by MxmOvrDrv

I just attempted to reinstall bell by itself again and it's working now oddly but thanks anyway, I just overwrote it again and worked now but not the bunch of times before, weird but it's good anyway. I just replaced the actual mods folder not the configs and just started working a few minutes ago.