Fire button not responding

Hello everyone,

over the last couple of weeks or so I've had a problem with the fire button several times.

At the beginning of the battle I have no problem, but sometimes in a random moment the fire button (mapped to Mouse 1 button) stops responding: it's like I don't press it.

Once the problem occurs, the only way to be able to shoot is to restart the game.

Ho provato anche, in gioco,  a rimappare il pulsante su un tasto differente, ma non funziona lo stesso.

I have not been able to identify a precise condition in which the problem starts.

Running the game in safe mode doesn't cause this issue, so it's most likely one of the mods.

Since I use a lot of mods and the problem doesn't occur every game, the process of finding the culprit will be long.

Obviously I checked the game files and also completely deleted the folder containing the mods.

I enclose the list of mods I use, unfortunately in italian; maybe someone has the same problem and I can decrease the number of mods to check.

I opened this discussion to see if others have had this problem and, if I find it, let everyone know the solution.

Good battles.

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

• Administrator

I encounter it as well sometimes. It's rare but happens. Do you play on windowed or full screen? When I encountered it, it was always on windowed mode, sometimes I even clicked on windows icon on desktop and on the other windows when I wanted to take a shot or launch torps, which is super annoying. 

I play full windowed and I do have this issue too since at least the previous Update (a few months).

But I can provide an hint as it has to do with the mini-map (I'm using Autospy's) or other mods that interact with it, like those new ones for showing/pointing subs locations.

Basically when that happens, you need to  CTRL+CLICK (probably again) on the mini-map a few times and it should fix it.

Basically it's like if the game "think" we still have CTRL press down and as consequence the mouse button doesn't work to shoot. By CTRL+CLICKING, you should be able to get the game out of this loophole.

Cheers,

PS: Aslain, if you want my logs, do take them from another issue I just wrote you about: the "Convoy" Mode issue.

Edited by JeT
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I took my time to verify the problem.

Thanks to Jet's answer, I have greatly shortened the time I had foreseen for checking each mod by each mod.

The problem, in my case, was due to the "sticky keys" (may not be the correct definition in English) settings of Windows.

By disabling them completely, the problem no longer occurred.

If you happen to click the button and see an alert on the map, then this should solve your problem.
Good battles

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1