Kancolle + Azur Lane Ship Preview | Continuing Legacy of Garfield001 & __BOP_

Snakie

First time modder here. I came back from 2 years hiatus (CV rework is still a mistake) only to see my favourite ship preview mod (Garfield's Kancolle Ship Preview) abandoned and my favourite full mod pack removed (Garfield's Kancolle UI) from Aslain. I substituted with __BOP_ Azur Lane Ship Preview version, but saw that it is outdated since super ship was introduced. After a few can of beer, I decided to take the matter to my own hand by combining both of their work AND update it to [12.4] appropriate. I will take some liberty to change some of the old/unappealing ship preview (Zao and Donskoi for example), but I will do my best to limit myself. I can do basic photoshopping, but I am no expert at it, so my quality might be less than both of them. I do try my best to mimic their style (font for example).

Currently I only updated the Japanese line as a test. I will upload an update on this mod when I finish an entire nation. It might take me a few week to do so. Really depends on my schedule.

I will be keeping the Japanese line to be Kancolle focused while other nations I will insert Azur Lane counterpart if it exists.

Bless Aslain for keeping Garfield001's Kancolle ship preview alive in the mod pack for all these years. Bless Garfield001 and __BOP_ for making these mods.

Install Instruction:

1. Download the file -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgrc8BqaICcnYWcZ04DEgSYqiGCiZVCL/view?usp=drive_link
  2. Go to where you installed your World of Warships (Something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships\)
  3. Open the folder name Aslain_Modpack, then the folder name Custom_mods
  4. Put res_mods.zip into Custom_mods folder
  5. Install Aslain mod like usual

Uninstall Instruction:

1. Go to your Custom_mods folder
  2. Delete res_mods.zip
  3. Open Aslain mod and check "Remove All Previous Mods"
  4. Install like usual

image.thumb.png.a6ec09253cd9b13bb0504f935561751e.png

Spoiler

Change log (JP Line):

• Added Satsuma, Yamagiri, Sekiryu, and Daisen
  • Updated Zao, Takahashi, Iwami, and Harugumo to new art
  • Updated Fuso, Agano, Gokase (Sakawa), Omono (Noshiro), Shimanto (Yahagi), Yodo (Oyodo), Hyuga, Ise, Myoko, and Tenryu to new Kancolle art

Change Log 06/06/23:

• Fixed some instances of text being too low, resulting in clipping with ship name
  • Fixed typo of Sekiryu (and not Sekuryu)

Change Log 10/06/23 (RU Line):

• Updated to Azur Lane: Sevastopol, Gremyashchy, Kirov, Tashkent '39
  • Updated to new art: Dimitri Donskoi, Orlan, Novik, Bogatyr, Svietlana, Budyonny, Sinop, Izyaslav, Slava, Molotov, Diana, Krasny Krym, Varyag
  • Added: Zorkiy, Ushakov, Novosibirsk

Change Log 15/06/23 (EN Line):

• Fixed Delny (Kancolle Verniy/Hibiki) picture being awkward
  • Added: Edgar, Gibraltar, Colossus, Marlborough, Brisbane, Hampshire, Nottingham, Agincourt, Collingwood
  • Updated: Minotaur, Edinburgh (Azur Lane), Queen Elizabeth

Change Log 18/06/23 (US Line):

• Added: Joshua Humphreys, Annapolis, United States, North Carolina CLR, West Virginia 44
  • Updated to Azur Lane: Pensacola, Helena (I just like Azur Lane version better), Cleveland, Boise, New Orleans, Enterprise, Somer, Atlanta, Arisona, West Virginia 41, Langley, Baltimore, North Carolina

Change Log 18/06/23 (DE Line):

• Added: Hannover (Kancolle Bismarck Drei), Clausewitz (Azur Lane Summer Bismarck Zwei), ZF-6, Weimar, Anhalt, Brandenburg
  • Updated to Azur Lane/Kancolle: Admiral Hipper (Kancolle Prinz Eugen), Prinz Eugen (Azur Lane Prinz Eugen), Z46, Graf Spee, Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Yorck, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Gneisenau, Fredrich der Grosse, Z23, Agir, Prinz Eitel Friedrich (Prinz Heinrich), Elbing

Change Log 18/12/23 (Cleaning up the rest + JP BC Line):

• Added the following Black Friday ships: Pommern, Atlanta, Brandenburg, Black, Iwami, Smolensk, Lazo
  • Added Louchuan, Mengchong, Tianjin, Michaelangelo, Francesco Ferruccio, Sicilia, Scharnhorst '43, Harekaze II, HSF Hiei, Tsurugi, Kitakami, Yumihari, Adatara, Bungo, Jupiter '42, Stord '43, Elli, Dmitry Pozharsky, Navarin, and Komissar

Change Log 18/12/23:

• Added the following Black Friday ships: Pommern, Atlanta, Brandenburg, Black, Iwami, Smolensk, Lazo
  • Added Louchuan, Mengchong, Tianjin, Michaelangelo, Francesco Ferruccio, Sicilia, Scharnhorst '43, Harekaze II, HSF Hiei, Tsurugi, Kitakami, Yumihari, Adatara, Bungo, Jupiter '42, Stord '43, Elli, Dmitry Pozharsky, Navarin, and Komissar

For the Kancolle UI, go to this post.

Edited by Snakie
US and German Update
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Hi,

Will add this to the modpack to the current Kancolle preview.

Btw. Speaking of this line: NOTE: DO NOT CHECK "REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS MODS" BECAUSE IT WILL NOT INSTALL MODS IN Custom_mods FOLDER.

You can remove it, it's not removing mods from custom_mods folders, it's removing previously installed mods only.

• Like 1

Thank you very much! And thank you for correcting me on my note. I thought it would remove the files in custom mods, so thank you for the clarification.

I have two questions, how do I "push" an updated version of this when I upload a new version, or how do I notify you of such update? Do you still have Garfield's Kancolle UI and ship contour mod? I would like to update those too, but every trace of those mods were deleted.

Edited by Snakie
On 6/4/2023 at 11:39 PM, Snakie said:

Change Log 10/6/23 (RU Line):

• Updated to Azur Lane: Sevastopol, Gremyashchy, Kirov, Tashkent '39
  • Updated to new art: Dimitri Donskoi, Orlan, Novik, Bogatyr, Svietlana, Budyonny, Sinop, Izyaslav, Slava, Molotov, Diana, Krasny Krym, Varyag
  • Added: Zorkiy, Ushakov, Novosibirsk

Updated Russian Line to be up-to-date:

image.png.0bc93a7c0dec339ef290de1b15f5329e.png

• Upvote 1

Update will now be slower than usual due to the process of finding the same font as used by others is painful and I do not know any good way to find it (No, AI search on the internet does not help). So if anyone knows these following fonts or a way to figure these out please, I beg you, post those here. This is the most difficult part because I do not have contact with previous modders.

__BOP_ blessed me with the list of fonts he used when he was maintaining Azur Lane Ship Preview. Now the only obstacle is my free time and free will.

Spoiler

PASA002.png.d7edd2162bc9d206b0db865e8ad764a3.png

PBSD503.png

PFSB104.png

PGSC108.png

PHSC101.png

PISC105.png

PUSC506.png

PWSC101.png

PZSB529.png

PSSD510.png

On the other hand, I have (mostly) updated Kancolle UI by Garfield001.

Edited by Snakie

Spoiler

Change Log:

• Fixed Delny (Kancolle Verniy/Hibiki) picture being awkward
  • Added: Edgar, Gibraltar, Colossus, Marlborough, Brisbane, Hampshire, Nottingham, Agincourt, Collingwood
  • Updated: Minotaur, Edinburgh (Azur Lane), Queen Elizabeth

Updated British and Commonwealth Line:

image.thumb.png.5a53c9f0914561a61ef0290e2e39097e.png

• Upvote 1
Spoiler

Change Log 16/06/23 (EU Line):

• Added: Dalarna, Gdansk, Grom, Lambros Katsonis, Mauvenet, Split, Stord, Lushun
  • Updated: Hood (Azur Lane), Vanguard (Azur Lane)

Updated Pan-European Line:

image.thumb.png.5cac30a1b40fa76fab347201f64149d9.png

Regarding Pan-American Line - I have asked my south american friend to find pictures for that line, so it will be somewhat delayed. Next line I will be updating is both US & DE line

• Upvote 1
Spoiler

Change Log 18/06/23 (US Line):

• Added: Joshua Humphreys, Annapolis, United States, North Carolina CLR, West Virginia 44
  • Updated to Azur Lane: Pensacola, Helena (I just like Azur Lane version better), Cleveland, Boise, New Orleans, Enterprise, Somer, Atlanta, Arisona, West Virginia 41, Langley, Baltimore, North Carolina

Change Log 18/06/23 (DE Line):

• Added: Hannover (Kancolle Bismarck Drei), Clausewitz (Azur Lane Summer Bismarck Zwei), ZF-6, Weimar, Anhalt, Brandenburg
  • Updated to Azur Lane/Kancolle: Admiral Hipper (Kancolle Prinz Eugen), Prinz Eugen (Azur Lane Prinz Eugen), Z46, Graf Spee, Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Yorck, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Gneisenau, Fredrich der Grosse, Z23, Agir, Prinz Eitel Friedrich (Prinz Heinrich), Elbing

Updated the US and German Line:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Snakie
  • Upvote 1
Spoiler

Change Log 20/06/23 (FR Line):

• Added: Patrie, Conde, Dupleix, Kleber CLR
  • Changed: Marseille (Kancolle JB because I like current JB), Henri IV, Kleber

Change Log 20/06/23 (IT Line):

• Changed: Venezia, Napoli, Abruzzi (Azur Lane)

Change Log Misc:

• Added: Kleber CLR, Star Kitakaze, Star Edinburgh
  • Changed: Tulsa, Texas, Moskva, Roon CLR

Updated the Italian and French lines:

image.thumb.png.133d1c713ab7b4464d31f81542705566.png

image.png.0304a2ea20b58df1c06136e0b386f492.png

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Change Log 12/07/23:

• Added the entire Pan-American line
  • Added Lüshun, Halford, Devastation, Kleber CLR, Saipan B, Jäger
  • Updated: Attilio Regolo (Azur Lane), Marseilles, Illinois, Molotov, Murmansk, Delny, Zorkiy (again), Vampire II, Chumphonimage.thumb.png.056c40ed1042bac4fe788b5a348ffbbe.png
Edited by Snakie
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Change Log 18/12/23:

image.png.d17fb1279bfa78bd1f7da342dadae6d2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Have you linked the right archive ? it's pretty big for a preview.

btw. this is not Waifu mod right? For me all anime characterslooks the same 😉 In my modpack I have Azur lane option, and Kancolle option they are separated, now I'm confused a bit.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Aslain said:

Have you linked the right archive ? it's pretty big for a preview.

btw. this is not Waifu mod right? For me all anime characterslooks the same 😉 In my modpack I have Azur lane option, and Kancolle option they are separated, now I'm confused a bit.

Yep I linked the correct one. I think the reason why the size is pretty big is because of both the number of ships currently in the game and the total combined pixel count of it. With the rate of WG pumping out new ship line every patches, the size will keep on growing the same rate. Nothing much I can do about it with how WG approach to player retention is going. It is as compressed as Photoshop allows it to be without hurting the image quality.

Regarding the actual mod name, this is KanColle Preview mod, NOT Azur Lane (Waifu) mod.

Azur Lane (Waifu) is abandoned.

Azur Lane (Waifu) was updated by __BOP__ and has not been updated since 03/02/2023. __BOP__ has fully quit the game and he won't come back, so it will forever be outdated.

I am only maintaining the KanColle version of both the Preview and the UI mods. Hope this clear up some confusion!

=====================================================================================

Change Log 04/01/2024:

• Added Alabama VL and Rattlehead
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Change Log 05/03/24:

• Azur Lane Updated: Poltava & Ognevoi
  • Sub to Azur Lane:
    • U-69 -> U-110
    • U-190 -> U-37
    • U-2501 -> U-101
    • U-4501 -> U-81
    • Chacalot -> Cavalla