"Convoy" Mode and the banner one gets when he's sunk

Go to solution Solved by JeT,

Hello Aslain,

this is a bitter one to swallow as I was convinced it was WG's fault and the usual waste of time with its Costumer (bot!) Service, but it seems it is not the case.

Here is the issue:

In "Convoy", once I die, a banner on the left appears (see picture). This happens to be a "very old" reminiscence of previous incarnations of this game mode since it refers to some specific currency/points (the odd B) that's no longer used.
The problem is that this banner has the irritating tendency to come back once I press H to dismiss it.
I actually found a workaround which is to first press Shift to go in camera mode and then H to hide the banner. If that was it, I'd probably lived with it and never bother CS or you.

Yet there is a situation (the reason I'm writing you) where that cannot be done (again, see the picture)... when I play CV!! I lost my ship but had sill in the air a squadron. And this is how I was forced to play until I was truly done.

CS asked me to run the game in SAFE MODE. I did, thinking it was a waste of my time, due to sloppy programming and inept CS, but I was dead wrong. No side banner at all when playing (and dying) without mods installed.

I've no clue which mod might be the culprit. See my logs.

Thank you

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

shot-23.06.01_00.08.13-0770.jpg

Purtroppo spesso le cose strane che accadono sono colpa dei mod ed il modo più veloce per accorgersene è una partita con l'avvio pulito.

La ricerca del mod colpevole è purtroppo una cosa lunga

Unfortunately, often the strange things that happen are the fault of the mods and the fastest way to notice it is a game in "safe mode".

Searching for the culprit mod unfortunately takes a long time if you are using a lot of them.....

• Like 1
  • Aslain changed the title to Some issue
14 hours ago, Aslain said:

Ollin said to try this, maybe will fix it: core.txt

Copy to res_mods/gui/sfm/

Hi Aslain,

I tried. I installed in "res_mods/gui/sfm/", same folder where there is a lobby.txt file. No changes

The banner still shows up and only after hitting first SHIFT then it can be permanently dismissed by pressing H.

Can I know which is the mod that causes the issue. I might consider removing it for the time being until the end of the "Convoy" event.

Thanks

• Aslain changed the title to "Convoy" Mode and the banner one gets when he's sunk
  • Administrator
12 hours ago, JeT said:

Hi Aslain,

I tried. I installed in "res_mods/gui/sfm/", same folder where there is a lobby.txt file. No changes

The banner still shows up and only after hitting first SHIFT then it can be permanently dismissed by pressing H.

Can I know which is the mod that causes the issue. I might consider removing it for the time being until the end of the "Convoy" event.

Thanks

I assume you know to which number folder to install? And you have installed it to 7062104?

In this case try something else instead: event_popup.unbound

Copy to  res_mods\gui\unbound2\mods

Hello Aslain,

nope! no changes also with "event_popup.unbound".

I just wonder which mod is the culprit. Anyway, don't struggle too much. I can live with it since it is not a perma-thing but rather an event in this update only.

PS: ofc I know the right folder. Got a shortcut on desktop to current res_mods folder and every WG update I archive the old one (i.e. there is no "res_mods" right now in old 6965290 folder).

• Solution

I did rename "event_popup.unbound" to " battle_popup.unbound", but no changes, banner is still there.

Beside even when named "event" it was already alphabetically the first. See Pict.

Thanks for the help, man. I'll live with that till the end of the convoy event.

Yet, I'm still wondering what is the mod to cause the problem. Do you know?

Thanks again!!

Screenshot (973).png