An odd one -- log says the install went fine, but a mod file wasn't copied into place.

Could be related to a post I made in the DL errors section as this only seems to happen with the tankcorpses mod.

The log file says these 2 were extracted OK

2023-07-19 07:34:39.267   [UpdateProgressGauge] Extracting: tankcorpses_tanks_beige_MCT_1.21.1.0.7z -- Result: OK
2023-07-19 07:34:39.419   [UpdateProgressGauge] Extracting: tankcorpses_tracks_beige_MCT_1.21.1.0.7z -- Result: OK

yet in the mods dir, only the tracks are there.   I checked the DLC, the tanks archive is in there and appears to be ok, but it was not copied contrary to what the log says.  BTW, this is the same archive (tanks) that I am seeing a download error on -- and I have a hard time believing it is simply a coincidence.   TBH, if there is a download error then I have no idea how the archive actually made it into the DLC.

_Aslains_Installer.log

Followup -- why would the log show "successful" when the mod was not copied to the folder?   Maybe a better question -- how is "successful" determined in the code?   Just curious.   

See the 2 screenshots.  It appears to be specifically the "tanks" mod of this series -- I tried other colors and they seem to download as corrupt.   I can try a VPN -- but in this case I would expect all of the downloads to be corrupted and they are not.   Possibly the source files?

Screenshot 2023-07-19 092901.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-19 092830.jpg

Normally I would agree -- and it still could be but I would expect all downloads to be corrupted. not the same one over and over.   I did just manually download that "tanks" archive and place it in the DLC and re-ran the installer.  Everything worked.

I am going to try 2 other things -- I have 2 ISPs, Im going to try my secondary and I am also going to try a download on another PC just to see.   

I'm still curious as to why the installer reports the archive was extracted and copied successfully, when clearly the corrupt archive prevented it from doing so.    

... oh, and thanks for checking that end.

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, kupjones said:

Normally I would agree -- and it still could be but I would expect all downloads to be corrupted. not the same one over and over.   I did just manually download that "tanks" archive and place it in the DLC and re-ran the installer.  Everything worked.

I am going to try 2 other things -- I have 2 ISPs, Im going to try my secondary and I am also going to try a download on another PC just to see.   

I'm still curious as to why the installer reports the archive was extracted and copied successfully, when clearly the corrupt archive prevented it from doing so.    

... oh, and thanks for checking that end.

Ignore what you see in installation log, it's very old debug code, that is not what you may think it is, seeing OK doesn't meant it was extracted fine, the procedure was executed OK, but it cannot check and verify for file errors or crc.

• Like 1