Looking for an old Kancolle ribbons mod

As it says in the title. Saw a clip from ~5 years ago with a kancolle ribbon mod and all the current resources I've found aren't the same. Found some old posts by people but in the end they either have dead links or end up in the WOWs forums while the archives don't hold their respective download/info links.

If anyone has either the files itself or knows where I could find the images, I'm very willing to learn how to mod and either update/remake this. 

I've found the original pictures for most of the ribbons in the picture, but I don't have any context for any other ribbons.

RKC3PU5.png

It looks like it came from this pack: kancolle enchant, but after downloading the pack I can find just about any other UI element but the ribbons. The only files I can't touch at this point are the Flash files and a couple others. I'm relatively ignorant of modding tools, and most the videos are a couple years out of date/link to the archived forum pages, so any help regarding accessing those tools would be appreciated, especially if I'm updating this. 

If the out of date tools work, I found a couple download links from some older youtube vids I can try.

• Administrator

Even if old files can be found, it will not cover all ribbons that were added after he made this mod, so I don't know who would be resposnsible to fill those gaps, and adding a partialy working mod is a no go.

53 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Even if old files can be found, it will not cover all ribbons that were added after he made this mod, so I don't know who would be resposnsible to fill those gaps, and adding a partialy working mod is a no go.

My bad if I caused a misunderstanding. I might be in the wrong place to have asked about this, then, because I was looking more for the ribbon files themselves rather than looking to get the mod reinstated anywhere. At least, I'd like to know where I can find up-to-date modding resources if there aren't any here. I've got an understanding of how to use the unpack tool at this point and I can get past some small hitches, just wondering if there's a better place to ask about these types of things.

I'm basically looking to remake those specific assets for myself currently, and I'm just looking for info at this point.

Edited by AttacMage
found a working variant of the unpack tool, although I'm not sure how much it's really needed. wanted to update my reply to reflect that.

Someone else was able to show me that they were in an SWF file. I don't know if I can mark this as closed, or something, but other than knowing a method to access .SWF, I'm set.

Edited by AttacMage
  • Administrator
Just now, AttacMage said:

Someone else was able to show me how to access the SWF file they were in. I don't know if I can mark this as closed, or something, but other than knowing a method to access .SWF, I'm set.

WoWs is no longer loading those ribbons from the swf. They are external files now, located at

- gui\ribbons\

- gui\ribbons\subribbons

image.png.9aed7df1d677d86b6c1e72b3c57eb0f4.png

image.png.41d90a1b2df703b193f2e40a2686f446.png

etc.

3 minutes ago, Aslain said:

WoWs is no longer loading those ribbons from the swf. They are external files now, located at

- gui\ribbons\

- gui\ribbons\subribbons

etc.

I'm aware that that's where the ribbons are stored now when it comes to game files. I was looking for any methods to open/modify the SWF files in older mods. Got recommended a debugger tool by JPEXS, and it seems to work so I'm all good.