Extended Blacklist over 10,000

Go to solution Solved by Aslain,

Hi, ever since I've crossed the 10,000 person mark on my Blacklist, it takes a really long time to connect to the server (friends/platoon invites/chat). I have been using the extended blacklist mod for a while now, and I would like to clear it, since it is causing several issues. The problem is my WoT Client crashes when I open the blacklist, so I can't clear it. In safe mode I also have a blacklist of 10103 players.

It doesn't work, since the game crashes while opening the blacklist, and the mod requires the blacklist to be open to clear it. My guess would be changing the extended blacklist parameter to over 10000 would let me open it without crashing, however I have no idea how to edit a .wotmod file

• Administrator

Try this:

2. Start the game and load into your hangar.

3. WINDOWS: Press ALT + F12 to start cleaning.
   MAC: Press "Option" (Key next to Command key) + F12 to start cleaning.

Take a look in your system notification. You will see
that users are getting removed. You can play games during
that process.

Okay, it hasn't worked before, but it seems to be working now - I removed around 4 people i met in 6 battles today, I think I went below 10100 threshold and it started working :). Thanks, love your modpack and your work man!

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

Indeed, the issue you're facing is likely a result of limitations on the game server. It wasn't originally designed to handle such a large number of friends or blacklisted players per user account. Therefore, it's essential to exercise caution in this regard. Fortunately, we have this mod as a solution. Otherwise, reaching out to WG for assistance in clearing your blacklist may not be very helpful.

Yeah, Wargaming couldn't clear my blacklist, asked them for that beforehand. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, or I had to go below the 10,100 mark, but it's working now, so if anyone else ever comes across this solution, try both of these. Thanks again for your support. Have a nice day!