Why is uninstalling via control panel not recommended?

Is there any reason for such caution? Does it remove something else instead of uninstalling your mod only?

I'm asking this because even though you recommend maunally deleting everything in the res_mods/version folder, the program itself is still there under "uninstall a program" in control panel.

I'd like to get rid of the program itself completely and as such, is there a way to do so without running the uninstaller?

• Administrator

The app don't know what version of client you are using, if you have old client and uninstall after updating wot to new version, your game will be unplayble, but it's very easy to fix. Copy paths.xml to WOT folder (get them from friend, it's like 1kb only... but people use to redownload whole client .....), and overwrite. I need to fix it again, because I didn't expect that someone will uninstall modpack after updating the game....

• Upvote 1

The app don't know what version of client you are using, if you have old client and uninstall after updating wot to new version, your game will be unplayble, but it's very easy to fix. Copy paths.xml to WOT folder (get them from friend, it's like 1kb only... but people use to redownload whole client .....), and overwrite. I need to fix it again, because I didn't expect that someone will uninstall modpack after updating the game....

So are you suggesting that if I ever use the uninstaller, I'd need to get a fresh copy of "paths.xml" and overwrite the current one? If I don't do this, the game is unplayable?

• Administrator

So are you suggesting that if I ever use the uninstaller, I'd need to get a fresh copy of "paths.xml" and overwrite the current one? If I don't do this, the game is unplayable?

I think I will simply stop restoring paths.xml since from modpack 4.4.2. I don't use KT ambiente anymore, I left this feature only for users who installed it sometime ago. 

yes for your question, but only if you did this:

1. Installed my modpack on WoT 9.7

2. Updated WoT to 9.8

3. Uninstalled the modpack

I think I will simply stop restoring paths.xml since from modpack 4.4.2. I don't use KT ambiente anymore, I left this feature only for users who installed it sometime ago. 

yes for your question, but only if you did this:

1. Installed my modpack on WoT 9.7

2. Updated WoT to 9.8

3. Uninstalled the modpack

Alright, what about if you're trying to uninstall in the same version where:

1. Installed or updated your modpack to 9.8

2. Updated WoT to 9.8

Is it safe to use the uninstaller for this situration without needing to replace path.xml?