Autospy Minimap Control Panel breaks the interface

Go to solution Solved by Aslain,

Opening the Config Menu for Autospy Minimap appears to break several game UI elements for the rest of the session.

Firstly, the actual config menu itself is all sorts of broken. Clicking on the various checkboxes to add range rings for whatever doesn't actually work. If you click the gears *beside* the checkmarks (to customise the rings) the checkmark will appear/disappear once you close the submenu, but it won't actually change what's displayed and it won't save.

Once you've opened the menu, stuff like the "Personal Score/Team Score/Details/Credits and XP" tab selector that appears on the Victory screen will no longer function until the client is closed and restarted.

If you *don't* open that particular menu, the problem never arises and everything else works as expected.

• Administrator

There is a chance that the config entries got corrupted, could you try to delete preferences.xml file (usually in c:\Games\World_of_Warships\preferences.xml path) and check the mod again? This will reset all game and mods settings, if you want to do it just temporary, secure this file, and restore later. Do it while the game is not running.

• Administrator
  • Solution

Sounds like you were very busy, it's a lot of entries in mod config, so chances for corruption is probably high, and sometimes this file gets bugged for whatever reasons.

if you secure this file, and restore later, you shouldn't lose anything. You can also attach it here for troubleshooting. Would be good if you can attach logs from the logs archiver as well just in case, maybe it's mod conflict of some sort (see my signature link about logs).

Posted (edited)

That seems to have been the problem.

Removed preferences.xml and it seems to be working properly.

Old file is attached as requested, and thanks yet again.

Would you like the logs anyway? I presumed not since it's working with prefs wiped.

preferences.xml

Edited by John Meier
  • Upvote 1
  • Administrator

No, logs are not needed if this was a solution. If I were you I could try to experiment and manually re-add the section with those ship ranges in notepad++ or something to your new preferences.xml, you may still have to configure the other things tho.

There was an empty "<id_0>" section under the WeaponSection heading, and some completely random stuff like "BlackIwamiABTADisplay" keys under "Minimap Options," despite all the other configs for all the other ships being defined in other sections.

Deleted those, restored it, and it seems to be working again.

My thanks again, made a small donation in appreciation. Have a good evening!

• Like 1